Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our coffee table in the living room I have my Taurus 856. I sleep on top of a Ruger P-95. Next to the front door I have a Mossberg pump shotgun loaded with defensive rds. The P-95 is reachable from underneath my bed. Underneath our TV I have two 40's and a 45. Next to the 45 I have a Smith snubbie .38. What is your go-to-gun for home protection?

·
8,537 Posts
Taurus 605 in 357 on bedside, then onto my dresser which has my XDmod2 45 tactical. That goes with me on way out of bedroom. Other guns scattered around house.

·
Registered
595 Posts
At the moment I have a Ruger Security 9 with two extra mags. in one location and a Kahr CW45 with three extra mags. in another location.

But if I could pick one and time was not a factor it would be my trusty Taurus 627.

Reactions: pradeep1

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
M&P 4" barrel 45acp W/streamlight laser light combo in a Vaultek safe. Not sure I would leave a shotgun out in the open by the front door let alone any loaded gun laying around but to each their own.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll be walking around all day/sitting around all evening with either one of my 1911s or that sweet Canik S-120 on me and that's the primary weapon of the day. The other guns are around, here and there, but nothing handy for an intruder to lay hands on!

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
The bedside pistol is a PT92 for the capacity to fight my way back to the 870. (There's a sweet little Bersa .380 in hiding, but I won't tell you where...)

Reactions: brojohn

·
Administrator
39,707 Posts
Glock 19, always near at home. Away from the place, S&W Shield 40.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
My 431 is on the side of my recliner, my pt99 is on the bedside, and I have a Remington 870 20 gauge with an 18 inch barrel in my master bath. The bath has an enhanced door frame and lock, sort of a hide and wait for help for my wife because allot of days I leave for work at 2am or come home after midnight.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
A Remington 1100 with an extended mag, Surefire Responder forearm, Speedfeed III stock and an extra 10 rounds on the outside and in the buttstock shell carriers.

Everything else 'handy' is just there to use to fight my way to it if necessary.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Three handguns that lay atop the vault in the bedroom. Which ones depends on my rotation but as of now they are a Custom SA 1911 in .45 acp, a Beretta PX4 CC in 9mm and a Taurus Curve in .380 acp. I carry two of the three on a daily basis. Which ones just depends on the weather, my dress for the day and where I am going. The carry guns are always loaded and ready for use. They serve as backups to one of the following which sits close at hand; Suppressed Colt Mk 18 in 5.56mm, a suppressed Colt 635 smg in 9mm or a suppressed Kriss Vector in 9mm.

Mk 18 sd at Office 2.jpg

PS: note another in the handgun rotation; my Taurus 450ti in .45 Colt. :cool:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
If I have pants on, there's a little something in the pocket. Usually a TCP.
If I don't have pants on, there's multiple handguns, a Rem 1100, and a Browning A5 within reach wherever I may be.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
If I have pants on, there's a little something in the pocket. Usually a TCP.
If I don't have pants on, there's multiple handguns, a Rem 1100, and a Browning A5 within reach wherever I may be.
There is so much I could say about this line, but it may get me a reprimand, so I'll behave.

One in the safe upstairs and several in the basement safe. When seconds count, I'll be punching in a security code!

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
A Glock 19X or a Sig 320 in .45 acp.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
PT1911 .45acp My carry gun which is always within reach and a 12ga Mossberg Maverick 88 in the closet with 7 rounds of 00 buck in the tube.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
HMM? not really sure that I understand the question as asked?
on the night stand is a old PT92, been meaning to replace it with my CZ SP-01 but haven't.
IF I am out and about its a CZ P-01 and usually a Sig 365 in the front pocket.
if out in the yard its the Sig 365.
now IF I can get to it in the middle of the night still half asleep then its the AR 15 Pistol in 300 Black Out (30 rounds of sheer goodness!).

1 - 20 of 86 Posts