Votes: 39 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 16.0%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what is your favorite range ammo and cost is an issue, and don't go asking why I'm not posting a Match grade Ammo as an option

Mine is Federal Champion or Red Box, as I find it the most consistent clean and reliable of the lower end range ammo. I also liked the Blazer Brass and Aluminum pretty good too.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The range that I frequent has available to members reloads at a discount. But the type is 185 gn SWC .45 acp.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polls only have 10 options, I would have liked to had 15 options so I could have put personal reloads, commercial reloads, RWS, Federal Eagle, Tula/Wolf, Black Hills and a few others, but, 10 is all their is. I probably should have left off the Blazer Aluminum and had two categories for reloads.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
I am kind of partical to S&B. Never had a F2F or any other problem. If I can keep my eyes watching I can find it for about the Walmart low dollar offerings or less.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Lately, I have been shooting a LOT of the FreedomMunitions "Blazer" FMJ ammo in .40 and .45. It has been utterly reliable, accurate, surprisingly clean and available at about the best prices around.

It is reloads (marked "REMAN" on the bulk boxes of 250), in mixed brass cases. I have purchased 1000 rounds of the "Blazer" which is supposed to have minor cosmetic blemishes that in no way impairs proper function, but I have not found anything "cosmetic" wrong with the ammo. All that I have used are bright, clean, and work just great!

This might sound bizarre, but my second choice for range ammo has been the Herter's (Cabela's / CCI Blazer) made in USA aluminum cased with the blue nylon jacketed bullets! It has been remarkably accurate, functions perfectly, and left the guns much cleaner than other ammo, with no fouling in the bore! I bought a quantity of 9mm, .40, and .45 when Cabela's introduced it earlier this year at a discounted promotional price, plus had a free shipping code. If I ever see it again at that price, I will place another sizeable order. The only issue is that the aluminum cases are marked "NR", not reloadable.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I've been shooting a lot of commercial reloads. Cost about like the cheaper factory ammo, but shoots better and cleaner. JMO

·
Registered
106 Posts
PMC Bronze, in 9mm and 40 Cal. Both shoot great through my 24/7 G2 9mm, Ruger P95, and 740 Slim.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The majority of the time it is WWB but I have been shooting a lot of commercial reloads lately due to cost. Cleanliness doesnt bother me too much since I clean them fairly quickly

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Used to shoot WWB and federal champion. Then I found Freedom Munitions, better pricing, much better.

I like the Blaster ammo and it is accurate and easy to clean up after a range session.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
My own reloads.
I settled on 124gr. hollow point.
Best load for Hornady XTP was 5.8gr HS-6.
Now going to experiment with Berry's plated 124gr. HP and HP-38.
$14.50 per 100.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Reloads IE. my own handloads!!!!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts

·
Administrator
40,172 Posts
I'm another, that likes to roll my own! :icon_ rasta:

Reactions: jojobins

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
My own reloads for me as well.

15 Years ago I got a great deal on some Aguilla ammo. I used that for a long time and never had a problem with it. Still have a few boxes left, it is extremely accurate in my PT-99. Also works great in my .32 S&W L Colt revolver.

·
Super Moderator
37,025 Posts
I like my ammo from the factory in my basement!

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
For 45ACP and 9mm I've been using a lot of Collins and Georgia Arms ammo. (Commercial Reloads). I also have a bunch of Magtech that I will shot on occasion. I've been running Blackhills ammo in my rifles and Winchester AA and Federal Gun Club in my shotguns. I also roll a lot of my own shotgun shells.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts