Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...now for you bikers...

What is your favorite motorcycle...of the ones you have owned?

Mine, the only one I have ever owned:

A Honda XL175 dirt bike.
:icon_gd:

Honda XL-175 (1).JPG

Honda XL-175 (2).JPG

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
OK! What is next, your favorite tractor?

The one I had that I liked, and was the last one, was a 1984 Suzuki 750. Look just like the one here.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
1999 Kawasaki Nomad. Wonderful bike. Broke my heart to sell it.

·
21,944 Posts
This. 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i. Outstanding machine. Comfortable enough to get me through an Iron Butt ride, and fast enough to hang with (and often pass, depending on rider skill) the more specialized sportbike guys. Here she is in short trip guise:

DSC04436.jpg

And here she is 600 miles from home.

I could show you a picture in which she's 1000 miles from home, but the west gives better photo backdrops than the midwest. Sorry midwesterners.

Case(s) in point:

DSC02972.jpg DSC03124.jpg

Okay, I'll stop now.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I rode from 1965 to 1986. I had 19 motorcycles during that time 1 Harley Davidson, 2 Suzukis and 16 Hondas. A few of them stood out for various reasons but none was a favorite.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Last time i rode one was back in 1986. It was a Yamaha YZ 175

I guess based on that - it was my favorite.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have a vstar and I really want a gold wing but just can bring myself to pay the price. But, my favorite is my first which was a 2012 honda cbr250r. That thing was sweet and you could get 80mpg. I may have to get another one!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
1989 Honda Hawk GT. Was called a NT650. First production motorcycle with a single sided swing arm. Mine was modded to the gills. CBR forks, 900rr rear shock, big cams and pistons, flat slide carbs. It wasn't as fast as the 4 cylinder sport bikes. By I dusted them all in the twistys. This is a stock photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I have a fondness for my first bike,a 1978 Suzuki GS 1000 but I would have to say the favorite bike I have owned was my 1986 Honda V65 Magna.1100cc V4 in a cruiser that would yank the front wheels off the ground in first and second gear at 500+ lbs.
For a cruiser that thing was nasty.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Okay...now for you bikers...

What is your favorite motorcycle...of the ones you have owned?

Mine, the only one I have ever owned:

A Honda XL175 dirt bike.
:icon_gd:
Someone actually stole my husband's Honda XL175, it was a sad day. He replaced it with a 1994 Honda Magna 750 which is my favorite!
View attachment 96764

·
Supporting Moderator
14,827 Posts
This one is my favorite
Deals Gap.jpg
2002 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1500

This one is my wife's favorite
I finally found a friend.jpg
1998 Yamaha Road Star Deluxe

This one is my second favorite:
Bill by Janet Bonsall.jpg
1981 Harley Davidson FXS 80 c.i.

Don't ask how many, I'm to old to count, but I loved each and everyone.

·
21,944 Posts
Raptorboy, are we going to get to see any actual photos?

88Keys, I've always liked Magnas. At least since Honda took their then superbike engine and built a cruiser around it. My kind of cruiser!

Tom, I bet that was an amazing experience! Do you still ride at all? I have a friend who's won amateur championships. It's funny; everyone says that the track will make you a safer rider, but the two most active track riders I know have broken bones on the track! Never on the street though!

·
Registered
18,486 Posts
The love of my life, my '83 Honda CR480R.........
Hondzilla1_r2.jpg

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I did a little bit of motorcycle trading a few years back. Good times to buy and sell them 125 and 250 CC to first time buyers. Favorite one, however, was the 2 Cycle Yamaha R5 that I restored and rode around for a bit.

I love the sound and smell of a 2 stroke "giant-killer".

Sunny Bike Photos 001.jpg

Sunny Bike Photos 003.jpg

Sunny Bike Photos 005.jpg

And the other favorite for running around town... the 125 CC Kawasaki Eliminator. 90 MPG is a good sales pitch when gas was 4 bucks a gallon!

rsz_dscf0184.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Never owned one. Every time I think I'd like one I think of all the guns I could buy with the money. :guns::shooter:

Reactions: MilProGuy
1 - 20 of 140 Posts