Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What is your carry gun?

22K views 110 replies 73 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
Brown Everyday carry Font Gadget Bag

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Revolver

I have been carrying this S&W CS9 and I love it, but I just got this GX4. The GX4 is smaller and has higher magazine capacity. I love this new gun and it was only $299. It will replace my 20 year old carry gun. What do you carry?

See less See more
#2 ·
Unlike many, I don't really rotate. I have 3 guns that I carry on a regular basis since I retired my 145MilPro - out of production, can't get parts, and I'll be damned if I'll send it back and settle for whatever Taurus deems a suitable replacement. That said, the closest I could come to the 145 is a Springfield XD Mod2 in .45APC. That's my primary carry gun. Second choice is my Springfield XD s in 9mm. They are similar guns, so if I need either in an emergency, there will be no fumbling or confusion with the controls. For back up and shorts and T carry it's my LCR in .38sp. When I bought it, I chose not to go with the .357 simply because it is capable of +P and carries the same weight of round as the .357. Both Springfields have both a grip as well as a trigger safety, so I feel that obviates any concern about a "Glock" trigger.

#3 ·
Shoe Revolver Cake Trigger Wood

Pick 1 from each column- just make sure the reloads match the gun.

Your choices arebetween a Beretta Tomcat, a Rossi 720c DAO 5 shooter in .44Special and/or a Para P.13/45.

#4 ·
I have kind of a rotation between 3 or 4 different guns, but my primary gun is my S&W Shield Plus 9mm. I do like carrying my Springfield XD Mod2 in 45acp, it's about the same size as my old PT145 I carried for a decade, but the size of the Shield Plus makes it very attractive to carry often.

#6 ·
I don't rotate either. Been carrying a S&W Shield 40 for several years now. I have a few others that I could and have carried in the past, but this has been the best for concealability and comfort. And it has become so familiar to me.

#8 ·
I'm the same way- that's why my normal 'carry rotation' has 3 completely different guns in it. It depends on what I can get away with wearing to hide it.

#11 · (Edited)
I carry different guns based on the weather. In warm weather, I carry a Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P40 Shield 1.0 with a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition as a backup.

In cold weather, I carry a Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE with the Ruger LCP as backup.

In the past, I carried a Smith & Wesson manufactured Walther PPK/S, which is still my favorite gun, but like you, I upgraded to newer things.

#13 ·
I'm favoring the S&W Shield 45 for quite a while. Want to get an appropriate Alien Gear shell for my Sar B6C as the CZ75 Compact shell doesn't quite fit it. No rush as I've not completely shaken down the Sar yet.

#73 ·
I checked one of these out while browsing earlier today and the only negative I could see, right off the bat, was the 6+1 capacity. I know that may sound odd coming from someone who owns and carries 7+1 1911s . . .🤪

Reactions: mark38090
#21 ·
Carried a Kahr CW40 for over 10 years. Have carried a H&K USP compact 45, S&W 442, Springfield 1911A1 at various times as well. Now mostly a Glock 26 or Glock 27 and an LCP sometimes. The 26 is my main carry only because of more capacity. Sure do love the Kahr though and i shoot it well and it still finds it's way in once in a while.

#25 ·
Unless I have to go through a metal detector, I always have my NAA 22 mag Companion. If I have to go somewhere that has a metal detector, I carry a cane.

When I leave home, I add my G3c for EDC.

If I'm going to go into the woods, I'll add my Shield 45 to those other 2, just in case I need something bigger for wildlife.

For open carry, I'll wear my 1911 in 45.
The NAA would still be in my pocket though.

For a barbecue gun, I'd open carry my brass frame 1851 replica.
I'd still have the NAA, and probably the G3c close by or concealed.

#26 ·
I currently carry a Sig 365, I was carrying a CZ P-01 but decided to go to something a little, lighter and smaller with almost the same capacity.
so far the CZ P-01 is past 7000 rounds with not a single malfunction and the Sig 365 is past 900 rounds with the same performance, Plus they both seem to be somewhat accurate for me.
the first two targets are the Sig 365.

Sleeve Line Art Rectangle Font
Product Font Handwriting Line Circle
White Azure Font Line Revolver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.