Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Unlike many, I don't really rotate. I have 3 guns that I carry on a regular basis since I retired my 145MilPro - out of production, can't get parts, and I'll be damned if I'll send it back and settle for whatever Taurus deems a suitable replacement. That said, the closest I could come to the 145 is a Springfield XD Mod2 in .45APC. That's my primary carry gun. Second choice is my Springfield XD s in 9mm. They are similar guns, so if I need either in an emergency, there will be no fumbling or confusion with the controls. For back up and shorts and T carry it's my LCR in .38sp. When I bought it, I chose not to go with the .357 simply because it is capable of +P and carries the same weight of round as the .357. Both Springfields have both a grip as well as a trigger safety, so I feel that obviates any concern about a "Glock" trigger.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Shoe Revolver Cake Trigger Wood

Pick 1 from each column- just make sure the reloads match the gun.

Your choices arebetween a Beretta Tomcat, a Rossi 720c DAO 5 shooter in .44Special and/or a Para P.13/45.

·
Administrator
35,923 Posts
I have kind of a rotation between 3 or 4 different guns, but my primary gun is my S&W Shield Plus 9mm. I do like carrying my Springfield XD Mod2 in 45acp, it's about the same size as my old PT145 I carried for a decade, but the size of the Shield Plus makes it very attractive to carry often.

·
Administrator
41,483 Posts
I don't rotate either. Been carrying a S&W Shield 40 for several years now. I have a few others that I could and have carried in the past, but this has been the best for concealability and comfort. And it has become so familiar to me.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Depends on how I am dressed and the season. But it varies between my Bodyguard .380, my G3C or my G2S. Mostly the .380 because it's so discreet
I'm the same way- that's why my normal 'carry rotation' has 3 completely different guns in it. It depends on what I can get away with wearing to hide it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I carry different guns based on the weather. In warm weather, I carry a Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P40 Shield 1.0 with a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition as a backup.

In cold weather, I carry a Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE with the Ruger LCP as backup.

In the past, I carried a Smith & Wesson manufactured Walther PPK/S, which is still my favorite gun, but like you, I upgraded to newer things.

·
Super Moderator
40,324 Posts
I'm favoring the S&W Shield 45 for quite a while. Want to get an appropriate Alien Gear shell for my Sar B6C as the CZ75 Compact shell doesn't quite fit it. No rush as I've not completely shaken down the Sar yet.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts