Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks like someone had a bad day on the mill.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like a much OLDER model when Taurus first took over the Beretta Factory. Kinda looks like to slide cocking serrations on the 3-shot burst Beretta 93r. Always wanted a slide like the 93r.

·
Super Moderator
21,738 Posts
Looks like someone could not figure out how to take it apart and took a dremal to it the 3 marks look like where a dremal skipped and the round grinding tool landed. my best guess

·
Registered
418 Posts
Actually it looks more like an intentional bevel/machining in the metal. It is obviously,to me,a place where the slide stop/release lever can ride up on while the slide is locked back. Must be a really thick slide like the Brigadier 92,or it has a fat slide stop lever that wouldn't clear the side of the slide when it pops up. There is also a small bevel/machining on the bottom of the slide from that spot all the way to the rear above the decocker.

So my guess is its a heavy slide(wider/thicker) that needed that spot machined out so the slide stop/release lever could pivot up.

·
Super Moderator
21,738 Posts
I never seen it and It does not look right we can agree on that. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
According to the SN, that gun was made in 91. Anyone else have a early 90's vintage 100b to compare it to? By the looks of the slide I'd say it was profesionally done, though by the factory or a private machinist I have no idea.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adam that was my guess as well, the only thing is i have not seen another pt100 like that.

it does look professionally done, like you said it would seem to be for the slide stop.
i just dont know why it would be like that.. unless perhaps the early 100 models had thicker slides?

tell you what since you want a lanyard loop how about we got half on it and you get the loop :p

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
There's 3 bids on it right now....think the winner is planning to use it for spare parts?

·
Super Moderator
21,738 Posts
Take a look at my time stamp I was a little tired when I made the dremal comment, I would say it was more professionally done. sometimes it's hard to get off this thing LOL :) forgive me all :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Must have been a rare batch between the transition to the trigger guard mounted magazine release button. Is it just me or does the trigger guard look thinner, more like a berettas at the bottom?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts