Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the rebates that Taurus had I picked up a Poly Protecctor from Brownel's last month when I was ordering some other stuff. See these pics, right at the front of the trigger guard under the "Made in Barzil" mark in some sort of blemish, it runs across the fron to the other side and looks like it might be a weld of the polymer or something like that. Anyone even seen anything similar on one of these? Why would Taurus send something like this out? I mean I'm not sure it would affect the functionality but it worries me and evertime I look at it it's just so glaring against the flat matte poly that it really irritates me. I'm typically not a anal guy......I actually have some other used Taurus revolvers and love the use and patenia they show, but on a new product.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
When the forum gets fixed we can see the picture and then hopefully give valid input.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
That one needs to go back to your dealer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No way I would accept that! Send it back!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I wonder if it is a "return" item - that definitely looks like a repair to the trigger guard - and a bad one at that

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
WOW !!!
My questions are these: HOW did this firearm get into your hands? Was their any inspection of this firearm that SHOULD have seen this? Who failed to see this?

I would send this one back to the mother ship ASAP.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Yep, that does not look like a blemish. Someone probably dropped it and broke the trigger guard then tried to repair it. I'm surprised (or maybe not) that it got through QC.

·
Registered
880 Posts
This was A NEW GUN?

Send that back and print out all of our comments. They need to know that their customer base is dissatisfied and ashamed. How in the world could they let that go out the door.

Wow

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Why would Taurus let something like that leave the factory? Great question. I can only speak from my experience: a while back in the height of the "safety settlement" I was looking for a new SS PT111-G2 with no luck. Then I get a email from KYGUNCO showing factory blems SS G2's at a very good price.

What shows up at my FFL? A factory "reconditioned" SS G2. This means a bench tech has gone through the gun to insure proper function before shipping.

So I proceed to inspect the gun, guess what? The trigger safety is non functional ... meaning the gun will fire without the blade being depressed on the trigger with the frame safety flipped off. I refused it and sent it back to KYGUNCO for a refund.

This is yet another example of things getting past QC in Brazil that are totally unacceptable. :(

·
Super Moderator
35,526 Posts
Yep, I'd send it back. My .357 Poly is clean of such defects so it sure ain't normal.

·
Premium Member
11,264 Posts
That wasn't a "blemish sale" was it? I know some retailers will advertise "blemished" items That don't have a finish warranty, but I wouldn't consider that a blemish.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
That wasn't a "blemish sale" was it? I know some retailers will advertise "blemished" items That don't have a finish warranty, but I wouldn't consider that a blemish.
Taurus identifies their blemished firearms by putting an X at the start or end of the serial number. The OP serial number indicates it wasn't a blem.

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
Another vote for a crack.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts