Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not up to speed on this information. Is there a connection between Rossi and Taurus either in the production end in Brazil or in merchandizing? I own a Legacy 92 carbine (.454 Casull) as well as two Taurus revolvers. I don't regret buy any of them. The two 627s do a good job. The 92 .454 carbine, in contrast to a lot of information I have on the 'net, is accurate, works well and has never cracked the stock. Maybe I am just lucky, but I don't think so.
Any information on this would be appreciated.

·
32,658 Posts
This is right from the horses mouth.

In December of 1997 BrazTech International L.C. was created as the exclusive importer of Rossi firearms in North America. Previously, Rossi firearms were distributed by Interarms of Alexandria, Virginia. Rossi manufactures its classic rifles in a plant in Sa Leopoldo, Brazil and will continue operations there, selling many firearms outside the United States and North America.

At the same time, Forjas Taurus, S.A. purchased the rights and the equipment to manufacture Rossi handguns. Taurus manufactures three models of .38 Special revolvers and four models of .357 Magnum revolvers under contract with Rossi. Revolvers sold by BrazTech with the Rossi name are manufactured in a brand new facility owned by Taurus in SaoLeopoldo, Brazil. Much of the tooling and many of the machines were acquired from Rossi during negotiations between the companies.

Today's Rossi is still run by the same family and they put the same dedication and innovation into every firearm. At Rossi, it is more than just building guns...it is a family's history and tradition.
End of quote!

Taurus owns Rossi , but keeps the two companies as seperate entities. Good marketing strategy and for tax and business reasons.

Taurus has added a feature to Rossi handguns.Revolvers all have the Taurus Security System of the integeral lock that uses the key to activate or deactivate.

So there you have it in a nut shell.

If one wants either Rossi or Taurus service one needs to contact the company that made the gun in the first place.

Rossi is underated as has been written in other threads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts