Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another gun show gun. this one from the Ft Meyers show. It is a blued Dan Wesson .357 magnum with an 8 inch barrel. It is in nice shape and includes a mount, a wide angle red dot, and 175 rounds of Remington hollow points. I have not seen the gun but my local gun shop owner is at the show and called me and told me about it. He called me and told me that he bought it to sell it he shop but if I wanted it I could have it at his price of $450. I have no idea what model it is or how old it is.

I'm thinking I'm going to buy it but I wanted to check and see if any of you that were experienced with a Dan Wesson could give me any information as to the value. Thanks in advance.....

Don

20190801_171704.jpg

·
Super Moderator
36,010 Posts
It's a Model 15 as it has the adjustable rear sight. Probably a fair price if in good condition. That red dot looks awful on top of that revolver.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
I tend to agree with Czech. Decent price if it's in good condition, but that 45 dollar optic needs to go bye bye. I'd offer 400 with the optic, 415 without it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
They came with several different and easy to change out barrels lengths, very accurate because the barrels are under tension I have one and have had it since the early 80's

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I need to add they come with a feeler gauge and tool kit so you can set the space between the barrel and cylinder

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
It's a Model 15 as it has the adjustable rear sight. Probably a fair price if in good condition. That red dot looks awful on top of that revolver.
Agreed, model 15. If it is in good shape, it's worth the $450. Sell that ugly growth on top to offset your cost.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Tasco optic: $29.96 at Wal-mart. The rail looks like one of those $5 Chicom specials off fleabay. Rip those two off, have the holes in the rail repaired(if it was drilled/tapped. Looks like a clamp-on rail), and you could probably flip it for $500-700 easy.

Or, get a less ugly rail, add something like a Romeo Series, and enjoy your new blaster.

Most Dan Wesson pistols are great guns. I can't remember the lemon they had, but I do remember it was axed the minute the problem arose.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Looks like a 15-1. If it's clean, and locks up tight I'd probably buy it. Where else can you buy such a value?

As far as the red dot goes... that mess needs to come off.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
wow, I think it really needs a bigger scope to be honest!
other than that its a model 15 HV, or a model 15 frame with 8 inch heavy vent barrel on it.
depends of course on the use and or abuse to the gun, but in decent shape I would say the 450 is a good to go price, get rid of that horid scope setup and hope that it hasn't amrred the really good blue job that DW did.
I saw a model 15 Six inch vent barrel (more poular than the eight inch) that was ridden hard and put up wet and they were asking 650 for it, passed due to condition.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
Tasco optic: $29.96 at Wal-mart. The rail looks like one of those $5 Chicom specials off fleabay. Rip those two off, have the holes in the rail repaired(if it was drilled/tapped. Looks like a clamp-on rail), and you could probably flip it for $500-700 easy.

Or, get a less ugly rail, add something like a Romeo Series, and enjoy your new blaster.

Most Dan Wesson pistols are great guns. I can't remember the lemon they had, but I do remember it was axed the minute the problem arose.
MAYBE the 357 Maxim???
that's all I can remember, it was burning the top rail off in short fashion, this was more a cartridge problem than the gun itself however.
can't think of another problem child from DW?

Reactions: Lomax
1 - 13 of 13 Posts