Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Primemover, you would do well to go to packing dot org(packing.org)
& check out the laws of your state. Basically, most states have very
similar laws. But, there are some variations from state to state. You
should check out your own state.

You may not get exactly the answer you are looking for. But, that site
should give you some good insight on the carry laws of your respective
state. If & when you check out that site, come back & post the info that
you found.

Skipper....

·
Registered
33 Posts
packing.org no longer exists.

Brandishing is generally defined as presenting or displaying a weapon in a manner than COULD BE perceived as a threat. b

A holstered weapon on your hip would probably not justify a brandishing charge unless you acted to uncover and display the weapon, directing that action toward one or more specific person(s) for reasons that could be regarded as a threat.

Plain and simple, brandishing is threatening someone with a weapon.

·
32,788 Posts
There's just a little more. If anyone sees you carrying and feels threatened or reports seeing your gun,even if it is in the holster, there are jurisdictions that will prosecute you for brandishing, and revoke the CCW permit. In some areas this is a felony.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
MakeMyDay, thanks for that update. Got any idea when packing.org folded up
their tents? And, I wonder what was the reason for them becoming defunct.
That's too bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Packing.org has been down for a while. From what I've heard on another board, the owner had other projects to handle and I think he went back to school.

For state gun laws another good site is www.handgunlaw.us The guy keeps it up to date and is very responsive to email. It has the maps like packing.org had.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hey sar, thanks for posting that other site about gun laws.
I will check that out..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Flashing, never.

Drawing your firearm with the intent to defend your life or the life of another, in most cases is justifiable.

Practice basic firearm safety rules. Never point a gun at something you are not prepared to kill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for referring my site. I'm working on getting all the state permit laws and info added. Still a fairly new site but I'm working hard on it with the help of a few others who have volunteered.

·
Registered
299 Posts
USA Carry, check out IowaCarry.org for Ia info. Some great guys handling the board, and all are willing to help the cause.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your state attorney general may also have some information on their department website on firearms laws. NC does. It isn't exactly interesting reading but it is informative and fairly easy to navigate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts