Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rossi M720 in .44 spl and am considering selling it. This one has fluted cylinder and adjustable sights, it's in near mint condition and I have 50 rounds of Blazer Gold Dot HP's. What is the going rate for these right now? I'm not listing this for sale yet, I'm just thinking about letting it go to someone with a little more love for it. This was an impulse buy and I had no idea how expensive and hard to find the ammo would be until it was too late.

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
those old Rossis suck - I'll take pity on you and you can unload it on my for, say, $150.....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's mighty generous of you, I'd hate take advantage of such a nice guy. :rolleyes: :D
I know what I gave for it was a "good deal" and I gave $199 out the door. You just don't see these pop up on the auction's too often, so I don't have any idea what is considered fair for me and the buyer. I'm thinking about trying to trade locally for a used Glock because my wife shot a friend G22 duty gun and fell in love.

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Truthfully, I wish I had bought one of these or one of the Taurus 431/441 revolvers back when they were new......I love these old 44 special guns. If you could part with it for $200, or if they don't give you that for it, I'd seriously consider buying it from you - let me know. I just don't have much more than that to spend on anything at this time......

Moderators, he has > 25 posts so I'm in bounds talking turkey here, I think... ;)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd suggest looking at what the 720's go for on Gunbroker. Also see what the older Taurus and mint Charter (I'd pay more for a Rossi) 44 special go for.

Just something to keep in mind, the 720's don't have the Lifetime Warranty coverage that the current ones do.

I would be surprised if you couldn't see the 44 within a reasonable amount of time. Pics do help a sale too.

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clear things up, this is NOT meant as a "for sale" post. I am just curious about how much my gun is worth in case I do decide to sale. As for pics, I'll post one just to tease a few folks! LoL

Enjoy...

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Gosh, I love the lines on the 720....the angle of the grip, the barrel, the ski-ramp front sight....very, very nice.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What do you want for it?

Looks like a bidding war between me and texastaurusguy is about to begin. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I offer $225.00 - just to one up texastaurasguy......

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HaHa! I think I may have started something here. LoL I must agree with TexasTaurus that the grip angle is the most natural of any revolver I have ever held. I have not had the chance to shoot this gun yet and I think I'll wait until after I've put a few rounds through it before I decide to sell it. With the glowing reviews from you guys I think it would be a shame to sell it before I experience the great .44 Spl. If I still want to sell it I will pass it on to a fellow member here. I never knew there was such a cult following behind these old Rossi's.

·
32,760 Posts
Robby has the job title "Devils Advocate" and plays it well. Notice the emphasis on the capital letters. LOL He didn't have any competition for the job. LOL

On the other gun forums every so often there are cries as to the woes of those who can't find a Rossi 720 and that maybe Rossi ought to start manufacture back up.

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Another bonus for you - when the Rossi was first released, there wasn't just a whole lot of 44 special ammo to pick from out there....and most of it was very, very anemic as a defense round. Corbon changed all that, with their +P 44 special load, and now there is a plethora of ammo to choose from, even defensive ammo.

Can't blame you on wanting to run some rounds through it.....if you do decide to sell it, I'll challenge NYPD to a good ol' Texas go-as-you-please fistfight.....nah, I respect NYPD too much for that, we'll just flip a coin or something. :p

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
texastaurusguy---how about we go at it Aaron Burr/Alexander Hamilton style? (.56 caliber and all the trimmings) ;) :D ;)

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
It was a better day when that was the way to settle impugnments......although I don't think Alexander Hamilton would necessarily agree with that.......

How about we settle it with 40's - 40 ouncers, that is.......

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Done. If you're in Dallas anytime soon, I can handle that. Or if I'm going through the Valley of the Sun.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts