Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a PT1911 in the blued version last year. When I went to the the gun store to buy my PT1911SS I saw a PT1911 and a PT1911B. They looked like the same 1911 that I had bought. I wast just wondering if there was any differance or is the regular PT1911 actually the PT1911B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a couple of gun shops to find the best price on the PT1911SS. Some of the stores had had a tag on the gun that said PT1911 and some had a tag that said PT1911B. One store had 2 of them under the counter, 1 PT1911 and 1 PT1911B. There was a price differance between them of $20? They could have been the same gun and maybe one was used or something. The guns looked the same I was just wondering. I think I remember the Taurus website even had a PT1911 and a PT1911B.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
The "B" is for blued as mentioned earlier.
Paul is correct. I believe when the PT1911s were initially released, they were simply called only that: PT1911s. The B was added shortly thereafter, I'm supposing to help differentiate between it and the upcoming stainless model which was due to be released then, at some future point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That 1911B is a matte finish blue. and it should have a Homeland Security Stamp on the left side of the slide. I got one with a Crimson trace Laser sight on it and,it shoots great after 1100 rounds I put thru it. Ball.Hollow Points, and other rounds like Federals EMFJ rounds. Richgp100z,Omaha,Ne.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.