BBQ Gun.

BBQ Gun.

bbq rig.jpg

NOT a BBQ Gun.:p

Attachments

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
A BBQ gun is just simply a show piece that's open carried to show it off. Traditionally it's a Colt SAA or similar. You should have an equally well dressed holster for it.
My BBQ gun is currently in the process of getting a new pair of shoes made as it's rather plain jane right now but My wife has two of them.

Mine:

Her's:

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Here's the closest thing to a BBQ gun but I haven't had the opportunity to let 'er ride yet.....

Attachments

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
ROFLMAO, A BBQ gun is an uppidy Texas version of a Georgia pimp gun. They are both blinged out, but the Texas version is probably a little more refined, more ready to take to the church social than the pimp gun.

I find it hard to believe that any plastic gun would make the grade for a BBQ gun.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
I don't own a BBQ gun, but this is my Sunday go to meeting gun.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
After church BBQs are pretty popular around here. :D

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
ROFLMAO, A BBQ gun is an uppidy Texas version of a Georgia pimp gun. They are both blinged out, but the Texas version is probably a little more refined, more ready to take to the church social than the pimp gun.

I find it hard to believe that any plastic gun would make the grade for a BBQ gun.
well heres MY Georgia Bar B Que gun!
and yes WE eat real Bar B Que--PORK as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
I don't claim to know who invented the term, but gunwriter and former Crockett Co., Texas Sheriff, Jim Wilson certainly popularized it. It can be a fancy piece or simply the one you're most proud of, or maybe has some history behind it.

When my shooting partner bought a Dan Wesson CCO, I dubbed it his BBQ gun. I really haven't had one myself yet, but because I'm getting older, I've about decided what mine will start out as. Then I'll adorn it with all of the custom features I want.

Being a Texan I can say that my definition of BBQ is grilling or smoking meat outdoors combined with the consumption of beer and good fellowship!;)

Reactions: twolfe55

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
I reckon these could be BBQ guns....;D

Taylor Runnin' Iorn's 002.JPG

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Last moth we went to the Texas Ranger museum, Talk about fancy guns. They had more dressed up 1911's than I have ever seen in one place. Grips engraving on the barrels, you name it was there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Last moth we went to the Texas Ranger museum, Talk about fancy guns. They had more dressed up 1911's than I have ever seen in one place. Grips engraving on the barrels, you name it was there somewhere.
I was there last year and could have spent the entire day without seeing everything. This is a must see if your in Waco.... :)

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
well heres MY Georgia Bar B Que gun!
and yes WE eat real Bar B Que--PORK as well.
No, no, no, that doesn't even make it as a Georgia Pimp gun, more like wannabe Georgia Militia gun. No engraving, no bling, other than polish, rubber grips, it would only be good for poking the meat on the grill at night to check if it is done.

BTW, I thought you had one of those pearl handled, gold highlighted 1911s in .38 Super that Taurus used to make.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
21 - 40 of 99 Posts