1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Awesome and beautiful work!

·
Super Moderator
21,438 Posts
Vary nice I used to do some as a kid and the time it takes to do something like your doing is amazing. And a lot of patience. Congrats on your fine work.

·
Registered
31,687 Posts
Some really beautiful work..just needs a little coal black smoke coming out the stacks! :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys!

The green truck was built box stock. The black truck has the air lines run thru it and the motor has some detail added to it also. I am working on a flatbed trailer for the black truck to so it really is not finished just yet. I will be able to post more pics of my work once I get my new computer this weekend.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If I could fit, I would love to drive them.

They look great. I loved driving.

·
Administrator
35,110 Posts
Great hobby ! I love putting rockets together too.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
You didn't get any glue on the windshield, that's what I always did!

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
Absolute works of art! Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
They look very nice. Congratulations!!

I too done some model car building as a teenager a year or two ago. LOL! I would love to be able to find kit models of the cars and trucks I have owned and give it another try.

I did find an Ertyl model of the IH F-20 I operated as a kid on the farm, then I found one of their "Detailed Models" with all the wires and cables so I bought it and gave the other one to my brother. He built a display case for it so he could leave it out on display without having to keep dusting it. His grand kids love looking at it and hearing Grandpa talk about driving it on the farm.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fun hobby, been thinking about getting back into it myself...;)
I really was not planning on getting back into it but a friend of mine lost his step dad earlier this year and he was big in to the hobby so he gave me all of his model stuff. I took it home and dug out all of my old models and the next thing I new, I was building a work bench in my shop to work on my models with. And now I realize how much easier it is to build them when you have the internet for all of the references you need for cars or trucks. I didn't have that option when I was younger. I had to guess at a lot of it or get the info from whatever magazines I could find.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Great job there.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Those are beautiful! You have quite a knack for detail there!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very nice models. Love the cab-overs,Just like dad used to drive. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts