Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staying busy. In another thread I posted that I brought my press inside from the garage, and mounted it in my office. Put a LED light on it too. I've converted a room for my wife to a small office for her, painted all the walls and mounted a small TV, and replaced a ceiling fan with a small chandelier light she really wanted. She's very happy with it.

I got tired of my tools in the garage being all over the place, different tool boxes, different drawers, so I mounted some 1x2's on the wall by my workbench and then mounted pegboard to that. Bought all the hardware to hang every tool I have, or nearly so, and I love having a home for everything. I even reserved a section for my smithing-type tools.

Today I got the ladder out and cleaned out two gutter downspouts that had been clogged up. ran the hose down them until water came through, cleaned them up, and made sure they were still working after that.

After shooting my AR last weekend with my buddy, I bought some scope covers, a riser for my scope, and a butt stock pad, can't wait to get back to the range to try it out now.

I'm tired. But, getting things done that I've been meaning to do for years is a very nice feeling.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I feel fortunate it that we have re-purposed and I have been working (and getting paid) full time+ during this period. The only thing that has changed has been the wearing of the infernal mask. I only wear it at work and nowhere else. When this is all over I intend to have a ceremonial festival and burn the damn thing.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I installed a dual exhaust system on my F150. Two days later, I purchased and installed a Vibrant Silent resonator and installed it inline ahead of the muffler as the dual exhaust had a bad drone. A day and a half after that I cut the dual exhaust system in behind the muffler and removed the dual exhaust and installed an OEM factory cat back exhaust system.

Changed tires and wheels on my truck from the 20" chrome factory option wheels to 17" wheels off of a 2020 Ford Raptor with new Ironman AT 285/70-17 tires. Found the correct tire pressure for the new tires to provide a comfortable ride...surprising how much of a ride difference two pounds of air pressure can make.

Got bored and removed the factory rear blocks from the rear of the F150 which set the rear of the truck down level with the height of the front of the truck. I had to cut new U bolts to the correct length then rethread the U bolts which was fun overall in the scope of things.

Other than that is was basic yard work. Working on replacing some crown molding in a bedroom. A trip to Sams and Costco for some meat and basics. Smoked some meat. Gained 3 pounds. And took a couple of naps!!

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Geez...I'm tired just reading all of that. :D

I took my first appraisal order and went out yesterday to see the house. I did file for unemployment on the basis of being almost 70 with some preexisting conditions making me wary of going out to walk through and tough things in stranger's homes, but ILLinois for all their talk of trying to "protect" people doesn't seem to want to protect me. No "pandemic assistance" ..no stimulus...while there's still enough cash to ride this thing out for many months, it's stupid to sit at home when I could be making money. I have another booked for this Monday.

I also love things organized, but almost always fail at the actual accomplishment of that philosophy. :rolleyes:

For garage, shed or barn organization of tools I have made a few of these for my garage wall. Cheap and easy and is better than 16 penny sinkers in the wall. My folding ladder is actually hung up on one of these.

Here's another which is more involved to build, I've not done one of these for that reason:

·
Premium Member
12,524 Posts
I started an addition to my house just before this shutdown hit. I've been able to get all the supplies delivered so I have the outside closed in, wiring is done, heat is in, it's insulated and the drywall is up. I'm still in the tedious process of spackling the walls. I've also been doing a lot of yard work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I built a 8’x8’ mud room off the lower level of the house. Just waiting for the weather to warm up some so that I can put some Cabots Timber Oil on it to match the rest of the house. We got 10” of wet, heavy snow yesterday, so it may be a while.
0D88046C-AC2E-4567-9E85-0BAA30FC7802.jpeg

·
Registered
16,860 Posts
Moved 1/2 way across the country 4 weeks ago.
Still trapped under 5000 cardboard boxes.
Working on fixing things in the new home.
Drinking some rum.
Not necessarily in that order.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Nothing much has changed for me - still working every day, haven't missed a single hour due to the Chinese Bat Fever.
I will say that I spend about a half hour less in traffic each day. And since my wife's in the 'high risk' category (diabetes & heart valve probs) and retired, she doesn't go out much at all. Which leaves me to pick up necessities on my way home a bit more than before.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I feel fortunate it that we have re-purposed and I have been working (and getting paid) full time+ during this period. The only thing that has changed has been the wearing of the infernal mask. I only wear it at work and nowhere else. When this is all over I intend to have a ceremonial festival and burn the damn thing.
Here's to hoping the only thing the chef burns in the future...is his mask!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Planted a garden. First one we have had since mid-80's. Agatha want one....bet we had no equipment to work with- so she takes her stimulus ck and buys a tiller! (I'll buy a toy with mine- IF it ever comes). We started small- 8 rows of corn, squash, cukes, okra, purple hull peas, and tomatoes. We'll do greens this winter and expand next spring.

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
Only thing different for me is that I have stayed out of Lubbock, and attended church online. Everything else has remained the same. All the stores in my little town have remained open, so I haven’t done without anything I need.
Wife gets antsy because she likes to go to Lubbock and shop, but has stayed busy around the house. I’m outdoors somewhere all day everyday. Even did a little shooting in my nearby canyon spot.

·
21,944 Posts
Mostly, working. Working from home means you're always at the office, if you let it get that way.

I have done a few little projects I've been meaning to do, like getting the scooter running again, servicing the evaporative coolers and hanging a rack for our keys. I told my wife when a man says he'll do something, he'll do it; there's no need to remind him every six months. That rack has been sitting around for, oh, 1.5-2 years? But now every vehicle has it's own peg. Very cool.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
A few Zoom meetings. I'm on the Board of Directors for 3 non profits. Board meetings. I am also involved with two 4-H clubs. One is a traditional club, the other is Shooting Sports. Not much to do for the Shooting Sports club other than create a slide show with the kid holding posters thanking first responders and essential persons. We can do a little more with the traditional club. I'm also camp staff for the Ohio 4-H State Leadership Camp. We're going to try a virtual camp this year via Zoom. 33 kids in 3 groups will cycle through 6 different leadership models. I'm working with "Discipline." Last few years, Discipline has been shooting sports. Working in the barn doing some carpentry. I've also cleaned guns, reshelved ammo, and even gotten to the FOP range for a little shooting. I'm usually not bored, but I am ready to get the heck out of Dodge for a few days of camping and canoeing. Late June, maybe. But I will say, I love living in fly-over country.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I was out for about 5 weeks. I managed to accomplish something around the house or property almost every day...to the point I lost track of the list of things fixed or updated around here.
Then i rip out a a bathtub, and start a full on renovation of that bathroom...got called back in and working ever since.
The bathroom will get finished, I just dont know when...

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Drinking. Game testing QA work. Lot's of games with the wife, board games, D&D, pool in our backyard. Cooking. Lot's of cooking. Oh, did I mention drinking? Speaking of which, it's time for Death by Trivia via Skype with my wife and her sisters, and also time to make a martini.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Here's to hoping the only thing the chef burns in the future...is his mask!
Heh. Paul Prudhomme made a career out of burning things. Legend has it that when he burned a heavily spiced redfish he sent it out anyway. It was such a hit that the whole 'blackened' genre of cuisine was born.

"Sir, your Blackened Wuhan Mask is served. Enjoy!"

·
Registered
794 Posts
Drinking. Game testing QA work. Lot's of games with the wife, board games, D&D, pool in our backyard. Cooking. Lot's of cooking. Oh, did I mention drinking? Speaking of which, it's time for Death by Trivia via Skype with my wife and her sisters, and also time to make a martini.
I thought I heard my liver and lungs rejoicing when they learned I was going back to work. Just saying...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts