Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went on fox news, cnn and msnbc (I look at all 3) to see what the talk was concerning gun legislation. What I noticed was very little to no talk about what happened yesterday or what is coming in the future. Its like this was a hot topic for a few weeks and then it dropped. Im not saying this is over but just saying I would think that just a day after the EOs were signed there would be more talk. The only thing I see is mainly that a AWB and high cap mag ban is unlikely. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I still see stories pinned to the front pages of the websites, but very little updated info. Fox News TV hits it almost 4 or 5 times per hour, but again, it's just mainly rehash and speculation.

My guess is that all parties are hunkering down and prepping responses or actions. We should definitely see more going forward, this is still "recent" y'know.

Write, email, call...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Many states are starting to prepare their proposals. I have already contacted my NM state representatives urging them to vote NO on the proposed bans as well as the House Bill 77, Transfer of Gun Ownership bill that New Mexico is proposing. This bill will require a $25 transfer fee for private transfers in New Mexico including transfers to immediate family members.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
As far as legislation in the US House, Boehner has said no new legislation will be looked at for a while as they have bigger fish to fry with spending limits and the budget. I seriously doubt anything will make it out of committee for a vote, and the House will definitely wait until action has been taken by the Senate before feeling any need to respond.

My expectations are that another Mass shooting in a short time frame is the only thing that will put any meat on the gun grabbers plate, and then the conspiracy theories would really fly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have seen quite a bit today.There is even people filing civil suites against the shrink and school in Colorado.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Front page of my hometown newspaper today says, Republicans oppose gun moves. Ohio lawmakers say restrictions are the wrong response.

"...placing more limits on constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens will not solve the problem"
U.S. Rep. Jim Jorden
R-Urbana

Reactions: darbo and TXEric
1 - 7 of 7 Posts