Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What gun do you miss the most?

3K views 32 replies 33 participants last post by  Jobarr 
#1 ·
Most of us have a gun that got away from either falling on hard times, having it stolen, or giving it as a gift.

So what one do you miss the most?

For me it would be my old Mossberg 500 it was everything I wanted in a shotgun. I have had other 500's since but sold them because they just were not like this one. If I ever see a model like this again in person I will by it on the spot

Close second would be the Savage model 112 in.223 that thing would print a dime size group at 200 yards. No real need for it at the time and sold it I wish I hadn't (Far right in picture below)

See less See more
#2 ·
My M1 Garand I bought from DCM years ago. Found it in a barrel marked "$150", but they let me have it for $100. This was in 1993.

Close second is my first SKS I bought for $50 in 1993. Mine was an unissued with the bayonette still on it.

The handguns I miss the most:

S&W 686-4
Russian Mak in .380
S&W 915
Taurus 82(my first handgun)
Colt 1911, WW2 refurb(another DCM purchase right after I turned 21).

#3 ·
Revolver Ammunition Bullet Brass Metal
I'd say the one I miss the most is my Judge Public Defender.

However, not long ago, I salved over my seared conscience and purchased this Judge Ultralight with a 3 in. barrel...which has helped get over the loss of the PD.;)
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Actually, I believe it is lighter (weight-wise) than my PD! :)

#4 ·
All my guns were either stolen, lost in the great fire or sunk in my yacht in the deep sea trench off of Madagascar! I grieved their loss so very much that I never had the heart to replace them!

Other than that, a Model 10 S & W stolen out of my truck when returning from a trip to the Big Bend about three in the morning and too tired to retrieve anything other than my teethbrush, when teeth were still plural.

A close second was having to sell a Rugar M-77 in 270. Either gun was very intimate with the center of the X in any bullseye.

#5 ·
Huh, I also had a model 10 stolen.
I was getting out of the military back in '92 and the wife had a bunch of friends helping us pack up and move. Somehow when we un-packed it was missing. First handgun I ever owned too. I got a Rossi a couple years back as a replacement but I still miss the 10.

#6 ·
Miss a Taurus 441 that was deeply blued with a 4 inch barrel. It was bought back,way back, because the .44 is just Special. :)
It was sold to purchase another Taurus. While I've got a bunch of 431s and 441s that one indvidual revolver was one of a kind.

#7 ·
So many....I owned a Ruger P97 that I really liked, as well as a Bersa double-stack 380. That Star Megastar had a grainy trigger pull but I wish now I'd have tried to have a gunsmith straighten that out. But I think the most regret is with trading in my Taurus 689 years ago.

Moral - don't trade or sell guns. You'll only regret it.

Reactions: RevolverFan
#10 ·
Moral - don't trade or sell guns. You'll only regret it.
I am in this class. I have never sold or traded one, I still miss the .22 lr I grew up shooting, don't know where it went to, after my parents divorced I never saw it again, still trying to track it down. Hopefuly this summer it will be mine.

#8 ·
It would have to be my tack drivin' Winchester 62A. Long story, but black sheep brother need drugs worse than I wanted my gun. Black sheep brother carries a reminder right in the middle of his face over that one.

#11 ·
All of them really, but the 4" barreled .44 Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector 3RD Model that I'll never be able to replace I miss the most. It was a factory re-blue so I got it at a reasonable price. The other one was the Colt Python Target chambered for .38 spl. The 8" barrel was really too heavy, but that thing shot like a rifle.

#14 ·
I miss my snubby, a S&W 642, with a laser. But it was hard on my hands.

#27 · (Edited)
I had the same gun - CT laser and all - and got rid of it for the same reason. Just too punishing to be a fun gun, in spite of the quality and the utility of the thing.
A few months later I replaced i with a Ruger SP101 - no laser (yet) - and quit looking back. Think I could shoot this one all day (though my longest session to date is 150 rounds; but only because I ran out of ammo.)

So far as a real regret is concerned, it would have to be the Walther PP. .32 cal, nickel plated, purchased used, circa 1960. Traded in an RG .22 short revolver and gave the dealer another $30.00 for the PP, leather pocket holster and a box of ammo.

Lord, I miss those days of low prices!

#15 · (Edited)
I lost a really nice S & W stainless steel .357 to a couple of cops in Chicago. I was driving a truck and they happened to see it. It was one of those deals where I either give them the gun or risk going to jail for a while.
Here's a pic of what it looked like:

#16 ·
All of them

#18 ·
As a young single soldier i bought a sw 39. I loved that gun, but got married and the wife was fine with it until the tax deductions came along. That was the end of guns in our home until the last was over 18. Still miss that gun

#25 ·
Winchester 1300 Defender.

#26 ·
I've only gotten rid of 4 guns.
Two went to my son - so even if I miss them I don't regret their absence - they're not lost, just gone.
One was a Kahr that I never liked - don't miss it at all - and I got $50 more than I paid for it.
That leaves the one gun I sold that I miss. My Glock 17.

Reactions: Long_Shot
#28 ·
All of them. Especially my S & W model 36 Chief, M1 Carbine that really shot good, L.C. Smith double 16, Marlin 44mag. Just a few of many.

#29 ·
My most missed gun is the first one i actually paid for and the only one i will ever sell. A daisy .22lr bolt action. My uncle is a gunsmith and said they will be worth alot someday. I guess they didnt make them very long and the thing was incredibly accurate. He still has an unfired semi auto of the same. I sold it for books for college. Lesson learned......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.