Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us have a gun that got away from either falling on hard times, having it stolen, or giving it as a gift.

So what one do you miss the most?

For me it would be my old Mossberg 500 it was everything I wanted in a shotgun. I have had other 500's since but sold them because they just were not like this one. If I ever see a model like this again in person I will by it on the spot

Close second would be the Savage model 112 in.223 that thing would print a dime size group at 200 yards. No real need for it at the time and sold it I wish I hadn't (Far right in picture below)

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
My M1 Garand I bought from DCM years ago. Found it in a barrel marked "$150", but they let me have it for $100. This was in 1993.

Close second is my first SKS I bought for $50 in 1993. Mine was an unissued with the bayonette still on it.

The handguns I miss the most:

S&W 686-4
Russian Mak in .380
S&W 915
Taurus 82(my first handgun)
Colt 1911, WW2 refurb(another DCM purchase right after I turned 21).

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
01 - Judge PD - both ammo.JPG I'd say the one I miss the most is my Judge Public Defender.

However, not long ago, I salved over my seared conscience and purchased this Judge Ultralight with a 3 in. barrel...which has helped get over the loss of the PD.;)
019 - Judge Ultralight and Winchester ammo.JPG Actually, I believe it is lighter (weight-wise) than my PD! :)

·
Registered
31,749 Posts
All my guns were either stolen, lost in the great fire or sunk in my yacht in the deep sea trench off of Madagascar! I grieved their loss so very much that I never had the heart to replace them!

Other than that, a Model 10 S & W stolen out of my truck when returning from a trip to the Big Bend about three in the morning and too tired to retrieve anything other than my teethbrush, when teeth were still plural.

A close second was having to sell a Rugar M-77 in 270. Either gun was very intimate with the center of the X in any bullseye.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Huh, I also had a model 10 stolen.
I was getting out of the military back in '92 and the wife had a bunch of friends helping us pack up and move. Somehow when we un-packed it was missing. First handgun I ever owned too. I got a Rossi a couple years back as a replacement but I still miss the 10.

·
32,495 Posts
Miss a Taurus 441 that was deeply blued with a 4 inch barrel. It was bought back,way back, because the .44 is just Special. :)
It was sold to purchase another Taurus. While I've got a bunch of 431s and 441s that one indvidual revolver was one of a kind.

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
So many....I owned a Ruger P97 that I really liked, as well as a Bersa double-stack 380. That Star Megastar had a grainy trigger pull but I wish now I'd have tried to have a gunsmith straighten that out. But I think the most regret is with trading in my Taurus 689 years ago.

Moral - don't trade or sell guns. You'll only regret it.

Reactions: RevolverFan

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
It would have to be my tack drivin' Winchester 62A. Long story, but black sheep brother need drugs worse than I wanted my gun. Black sheep brother carries a reminder right in the middle of his face over that one.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I am in this class. I have never sold or traded one, I still miss the .22 lr I grew up shooting, don't know where it went to, after my parents divorced I never saw it again, still trying to track it down. Hopefuly this summer it will be mine.

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
All of them really, but the 4" barreled .44 Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector 3RD Model that I'll never be able to replace I miss the most. It was a factory re-blue so I got it at a reasonable price. The other one was the Colt Python Target chambered for .38 spl. The 8" barrel was really too heavy, but that thing shot like a rifle.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I haven't owned as many guns as many of you have but one gun I miss is my first Taurus
a .45LC Tracker with the 6" barrel. That was a sweet shooting gun, even though I love my
Raging Bull, I regret trading that in to get it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
So many....I owned a Ruger P97 that I really liked, as well as a Bersa double-stack 380. That Star Megastar had a grainy trigger pull but I wish now I'd have tried to have a gunsmith straighten that out. But I think the most regret is with trading in my Taurus 689 years ago.

Totally agree w/ Tex on this one -- so many sold or traded off for who knows what reason. I wish that I still had my Colt Detective Special, my S&W 296, my Safari Arms 1911, my Charter Arms .44, my Browning Hi-Power.... Where do I stop?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I miss my snubby, a S&W 642, with a laser. But it was hard on my hands.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I lost a really nice S & W stainless steel .357 to a couple of cops in Chicago. I was driving a truck and they happened to see it. It was one of those deals where I either give them the gun or risk going to jail for a while.
Here's a pic of what it looked like:

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
All of them

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'd say my HK 91 I bought back in the early 80's.Ended up selling it when my first daughter was born.If i had to do it over again.I'd still sell it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
As a young single soldier i bought a sw 39. I loved that gun, but got married and the wife was fine with it until the tax deductions came along. That was the end of guns in our home until the last was over 18. Still miss that gun

·
Registered
337 Posts
H&K 91 stock, pre-ban, $500 new in box, sold for $2000
Colt Python 6" blued
Smith N frame original .357 with 5" barrel
Smith .357 6" Highway Patrol
Colt 1970's new Colt blued Commander
FN 49 in 7x57

This could go for ever!

:jiml:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts