Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TAURUS PT 24/7 PRO .40 brand new and shot Blazer Alum. 165gr TMJ ammo. Shot 100rd's at 7yrd's and 15yrd's and they are all over the place. What does everyone else shoot in this kind of ammo? 165 or 180?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Regardless of bullet weight, bullets should group, assuming the shooter is doing everything correctly. If they are "all over the place" you may wish to look beyond bullet weight. Have someone else shoot the gun and see what happens, or put it in a pistol vice. If you get the same results, try switching to a different brand of ammo, and if nothing changes, you may wish to contact Taurus Customer Service.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey...went to the range today with the same ammo and had 6" groups at 15yrd's. I wanted to fall over. It was like i had been shooting for years. What a nice feeling. I talked to the owner of the gun shop where i bought the gun and he told me to stay with the same ammo, take my time and and shoot the gun. He said it is real easy for new people to the handgun world to try to be an expert over night. He said to relax and quit trying so hard and let the gun do the work and enjoy. Wow what difference that made. I have to do the last thing for my ccw this week. That is to qualify my gun, and i will have it. So everyone wish me luck!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts