Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell what gen. your 24/7 pro DS is? Got it in October, but I son'y know what gen it is? I would like to get a .45 acp without a de-cocker though any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Check the threads in the 24/7 section. I am sure this has been asked. All of mine are later gens due to the decocking safeties. Not sure if you know or not, but if it doesnt have the DS etched in the slide it is not a decocker.

·
Administrator
17,692 Posts
How can you tell what gen. your 24/7 pro DS is? Got it in October, but I son'y know what gen it is? I would like to get a .45 acp without a de-cocker though any suggestions?
Actually, your 24/7 Pro DS is considered a 1st Generation, but there have been different model phases of the first generation pistols.

First model - 24/7 (DAO trigger operation with Ribber Grips)
Second Model - 24/7 Pro (SA/DA with No Decocker and Ribber Grips)
Third Model - 24/7 Pro DS (DA/SA or SA/DA with Decocker and plain polymer grips) - Includes 24/7 OSS DS Models

Model Notes: .45 ACP Models generally came with only Polymer Grips - No Ribber Grips.

If you want a .45 24/7 with no Decocker and an SA trigger, look for a plain 24/7 Pro. No DS in the Model name!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I don't know why you specifically wanted a 24/7 with no decocker. I don't use the decocker safety on my Taurus compacts and most of the time I don't remember they're there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts