Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being this is the Taurus Armed forum we generally ask what products you'd like to see them release that you'd want to purchase. This question encompasses all the firearm manufacturers out there including Taurus. What would YOU like to see your favorite makers release that would pique your excitement and interest?

I doubt it would ever happen but I'd like to see Rugers take on the AK platform, Beretta (and Taurus for that matter) releasing their own scaled-up versions of the 92 series in .45 ACP and a Kel-Tec PLR in 7.62x39.

Additionally I think a rimmed version of the .50AE in the Ruger Alaskan would be something a few people would like. They can produce the revolvers and Hornady, Speer and others can make factory ammo.

So let's hear your thoughts on what you'd like to see the manufacturers put out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd like a 1911 single-stack in .357 Sig, Commander size, Novak sights, no rail, wood grips.

A doublestack 10mm that isn't made by Glock, preferably in a compact size and hammer-fired.

Anyone making a good, doublestack .38 Super lately? .38 Super seems fun.

Rifles, lessee...

anyone ever realize the dream of caseless ammunition yet? I know H&K did some stuff back in the '80s, but that never panned out.

I'd like to see a Ruger mini-style rifle in both 6.5 Grendel and 5.45x39. Not the same rifle, mind you, but they could diversify their caliber offerings a bit.

AR-10 in .30-06? Why Not? You know it'd be fun.

I'd also like a box-magazine autoloader in .35 Remington. Why? Dunno. Just seems like it'd be a good idea instead of limiting that caliber to a lever action.

and speaking of, let's do the same with .30-30. Put a Ruger 10/22 on steroids, beef up the action, maybe give it a short-stroke gas piston, and make some bigger 4-round rotary magazines for it. Maybe we can do the same with your other Lever-action offerings, like .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .45 Long Colt, .454 Casull, .44 Magnum, .460 S&W Magnum, and .500 S&W Magnum. Say, 18 inch barrel, 4 round magazines, maybe 6 if it doesn't make the rifle too wide, gas-operated semi-auto with built-in scope mounts? That'd make a great short to mid range hunting rifle, from hog up to bear, depending on your chambering.

·
21,932 Posts
I would like S&W to re-make the Auto-mag.

I want a PT1911 Commander/Carry.

I want to see a M&P 15 in .308.

It would be real nice for Colt to make the Peacekeeper again. The double action vented rib barrel version.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
I'd like to see someone build a good quality competition O/U shotgun with a 34" top single trap barrel, a 32" O/U trap barrel, and a 28" O/U for skeet and sporting clays. The Trap barrels should have a tall tapered rib and the skeet barrels a standard rib. The stock should be adjustable for LOP from 13 1/2" to 15 1/2", with a recoil pad adjuster for setting the correct cant. The comb should also be adjustable 4 ways. The barrels should all have screw in chokes, and extended forcing cones. The stock and fore end should be wood, but could also be a synthetic if properly weighted and balanced. The gun need not be embellished with engraving or scrolling and the stock could be a straight grain but it should have palm swells on both sides of the grip, with zero cast in the stock. The Comb should be parallel to the rib. This should be a good quality gun but not one with expensive wood and engraving. It should be affordable costing somewhere around $1200.

The reason more people do not shoot competitive trap and skeet is because the average shotgun sold today fits almost no one. The stock dimensions are just an approximation that get close to some peoples build. That's O.K. if your just going to hunt with it and shoot a few boxes of shells through it every year. But, if you are going to shoot Trap and Skeet, Sporting Clays, Bunker, International Trap, Treet, etc., you need a shotgun that you can adjust to fit you perfectly because you will be shooting 8,000 to 20,000 round per year. If your gun doesn't fit properly it's going to kick the snot out of you. When it does fit right you feel no recoil.

Current competition trap shotguns generally cost $2300 - $5,000 on the low end and go up in price quickly from there. Then, when you start adding extra barrels that cost can jump by a third for each additional barrel. Most competition guns have very fancy wood and are decorated with scrolling, engraving, and inlays. That all looks nice, but it doesn't break any more targets. You end up with an investment in your gun(s) of $5000 to $20,000 or more. A no frills combo gun with three barrels would cover every eventuality including most hunting other than deer/hogs with slugs. For a cost of $1200 the shotgun sports would be open to a lot more shooters in the future. This would not only sell a lot more shotguns for sporting use in the utility price range, but in time it would lead to an increase in the sales of the more expensive finer finished guns. It would also add some sorely needed new shooters to one of the grandest sports in American history.

Right now Stoeger makes an O/U Trap gun with an adjustable comb that sells for a street price of about $700. So far it has not lived up well to the heavy load placed upon them on the trap range. But, they do have the right idea. They just need to beef up the gun to handle the round count. A little competition here would be a great idea and a manufacturer could always sell upgraded models or upgrade stocks and barrels as an additional aftermarket sale to the owners of these utility grade competition guns. That's what I'd like to see a gun manufacturer offer. They could even market them in conjunction with the ATA, the NSSA or even the NRA.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I would like to see Taurus long guns to compete against the AR (Taurus ART566 ?) and AK series, or even a Taurus competitor to the Mini-14.

I would like to be able to buy the Taurus CT G2 carbine or the Taurus ART556.
These were displayed at the 2011 SHOT show, but appear to be vaporware in the US.

Taurus CT G2 Carbine | The Shooter's Log

ART566:
DSC02633.jpg

Taurus ART556 assault rifle and CT556 rifle | The Firearm Blog

I agree that some reasonably priced Taurus shotguns with different actions and an O/U would be great!

I would like to see Ruger make a stainless LC9 (KLC9), and an LC40 and LC45 (preferably in stainless).

I would also like to see Ruger make a Commander or Officers' model of the SR1911 (as soon as they get caught up on the backlog of 30,000 orders for the current SR1911 - including the one I have had on order since last April)

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I would like to see somebody anybody clone the Luger P08.

Reactions: stallard

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
I think a modern version of the S&W (pocket) top break revolver firing 380 or 9mm on "star" clips would be interesting.
How about an M1 carbine that fired 9mm, 45acp, .357 or 44 mag.........
A Colt double action revolver, similar to the Trooper series, with 3 and 5 inch barrels.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I'd like to see a PT111 - or a pistol of same size, weight and capacity - with a hammer and capable of DA/SA. (And the same take-down arrangment as the PT945.)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd like to see Taurus manufacture a PT738 TCP with a built-in laser, like the S&W Bodyguard.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I would like to see a slimline pocket .40 S&W PT140 in something like a 5+1. I would gladly be a field tester, hint hint.......:) A bug with additude!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
A modern DA-SA, 5 shot, compact CC wheel gun in stainless steel or titanium chambered for some of the old time hard hitters like the .45 LC or .44 WCF.

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would like S&W to re-make the Auto-mag.

I want a PT1911 Commander/Carry.

I want to see a M&P 15 in .308.

It would be real nice for Colt to make the Peacekeeper again. The double action vented rib barrel version.
YES TAURUS: Make me a commander-sized 1911 !!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Beretta (and Taurus for that matter) releasing their own scaled-up versions of the 92 series in .45 ACP.
14+1 capacity, Night Sights, combat finish, and a 22LR conversion kit. I would buy one right now!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think a modern version of the S&W (pocket) top break revolver firing 380 or 9mm on "star" clips would be interesting.
How about an M1 carbine that fired 9mm, 45acp, .357 or 44 mag.........
A Colt double action revolver, similar to the Trooper series, with 3 and 5 inch barrels.
I have a thing for topbreak revolvers too, and regularly kick myself for selling off the old Webley I once had. I'd certainly buy a semi-auto carbine in .357 SIG if one existed. I'd like to see a Taurus blowback (rather than locked breach) pistol in .380 and/or 9mm Makarov. It would be really nice if Taurus would just continue making small frame revolvers in .327 Federal Magnum.

Excellent signature line, by the way.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Didn't Taurus make a .30 carbine revolver for a short time? I'd like to see that again or a semi-auto chambered in .30 carb.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts