Taurus Firearm Forum banner

141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My wife carries a Ruger P345 (.45AP) in fanny pack or purse.

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has a Beretta 9 mm in the bedside stand, and I just bought her a Taurus PT22, that neither her or I can chamber a round with, the slide is horrible strong!! I'm not a happy camper, it was a Christmas present. She had a nice Beretta .22 in Alaska, but we couldn't transport through Canada due to the short barrel length.

·
32,481 Posts
These are recommendations only.

Women should pick their own gun for their own protection.
Getting the little lady to a NRA,NSSF, or accredited BASIC handgun course is a real good idea. That or a NRA or NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) women only class which immerses her into gun safety and proper use of a firearm in a relaxed atmosphere.
Then she is in a better situation to decide what gun/caliber is right for her.

Local gun ranges, gun stores, and gun clubs have access to these classes or can get her pointed in the right direction.

Under NO circumstances is the PT-22 supposed to use the slide to chamber a round. There is NO extractor or ejector. The gun kicks the empty case out of the action by gas pressure alone when ithe chamber is at a safe pressure to do so. Reading the manual and understanding the gun before being purchased should be done if it can. At least knowing something about how the gun works would and should be known.

The same goes for the Beretta 21A Bobcat.

The user manual is wrong on one thing. Trying to get a round to go into the chamber by racking the slide. It will not happen.
SLIDE
3 BARREL
5 FIRING PIN
7 FIRING PIN SPRING
9 BARREL SPRING PIN
10 GROOVED BARREL PIN
11 EJECTOR SHAFT
12 HAMMER PIN
13 MAGAZINE RELEASE BLUE
14 HAMMER BLUE
15 TRIGGER SPRING
16 TRIGGER PIN
17 BARREL RELEASE SPRING
18 SEAR PIN
19 BARREL SPRING
20 SLIDE LEVER
21 MAGAZINE RELEASE BUTTON
22 TRIGGER BAR SPRING
23 TRIGGER
24 BARREL RELEASE
25 MAGAZINE RELEASE SPRING
26 PLASTIC INSERT
27 FIRING PIN RETAINING PIN
28 TRIGGER BAR
29 SAFETY
30 SAFETY SPRING
31 MAGAZINE SAFETY LOCK
32 LOCK SPRING
33 MAGAZINE SAFETY SPRING
34 MAGAZINE SAFETY SCREW
35 GUIDE PIN
36 LOCKING SCREW PLUNGER SPRING
37 LOCKING SCREW PLUNGER
38 LOCKING SCREW
39 SAFETY PLUNGER
40 GRIP
41 FINGER REST SCREW
42 BUSHING
43 FRAME
44 HAMMER SPRING STRUT
45 HAMMER SPRING
46 HAMMER SPRING STRUT BLOCK
47 SLIDE SPRING PIN
48 RECOIL SPRING
49 SLIDE SPRING BUSHING
50 SLIDE SPRING WASHER
51 MAGAZINE BODY (PT22)
52 MAGAZINE BODY (PT25)
53 FOLLOWER (PT22)
54 FOLLOWER (PT25)
55 FOLLOWER BUSHING (PT22)
56 MAGAZINE SPRING (PT22)
57 MAGAZINE SPRING (PT25)
58 MAGAZINE BOTTOM SPRING PLATE
59 FINGER RE

Nowhere is there a ejector of any kind in the parts list.

The PT-22 trigger and manual of arms takes a bit getting used to. Dedication,much practice, and experience with the gun helps one to become proficient. I had to do this with my PT-22s as the old saw about no two alike models are the same. Even the trigger pull and follow through were just enough different to get used to the new gun after years of operating the old one.

·
32,481 Posts
The advantage of having a tip up barrel is so that the rack never needs use for loading the gun. Beretta understood this all to well when the designed their 86 Cheetah, in .380ACP, that unfortunately is no longer made, but is a used gun item. Beretta makes some very good .380ACP pistols in the models 84,85, and 86. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Doing an emergency on any of the tip up barrel guns means the barrel has to be tipped up, the cartridge that is in the chamber pulled out and ejected by the user manually, and then another loose round entered into the chamber. Sometimes the slide will put another round in the chamber and but most times no.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I gave my wife a PT 709 for Christmas this year. We shot it Christmas morning. She loves it. Easy to shoot and small. She is a former police officer and she still owns her Sig P226, which is another great gun but too large for CCW. She certinaly knows how to handle her weapons!

I use a Taurus 617 for CCW. Several family members had a blast shooting that Christmas morning as well. Switched between .38 spec and .357 rounds so everyone could feel the differnce. I usually pack it with .38 spec +p for self defense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my wife carries a taurus 24/7 pro c ds in .40

·
Registered
91 Posts
my wife carries a LCR in a flashbang holster and loves it..... google it!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine doesn't carry anything yet, but as soon as I pick up my officer's model .45 this morning, she'll start carrying my Taurus model 85 DAO until I can get her one of her own.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I carry a 24/7 pro c ds 40cal with firesights and I love it getting a 380 to put in my bra ot a thigh holster for back up It may look like pepto and it will Deffinatly cure heartburn

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
TCP or a Taurus 851.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do not make the mistake I made have her make the choise of the gun she gets. I got my wife a Bersa thunder 380 CC, she shoots it well and will carry it when she gets her ccw but she likes my SW 3913 much better. not as easy to hide in a purse but great on the hip or in a shoulder holster. Remember she has to be comfortable carring it and shooting it so she should be a big part of the decision.

Reactions: Qwiks draw
141 - 160 of 202 Posts