Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is considering getting her CHL, so we are beginning to shop for a gun for her. I am wondering what is your/your spouses experience as to carry; you know, what, how, why for female carry. Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
my wife now carries what i used as a ccw: PT-140ss. she likes it much better than her ppk/s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my wife with her M85UL .38 special. it seems to be a good size for her and she shoots it well. She doesn't have her CCDW yet but I'm moving her in that direction. She still needs more practice/training. She has also shot my PT145 MilPro and handled it well considering it is a .45 and she's not that big. My wife has problems with her left hand and racking the slide on an auto is difficult/impossible for her right now. The wheel gun works well for her in this instance. Good luck with whatever SHE picks. as in, Let her do the picking she has to shoot it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife is carrying a Ruger SP101, 3inch, MagNaPorted,Trijicon front night sight,however, since I got my Taurus 650 CIA and the CT grips she is making noises about my revolver ?? Doug

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My wife has an AK47 and an AR15 pistol (10" barrel) for range and home use, but also likes to keep her EAA Witness (9mm) or STAR BM (9mm) handy. Yes I said STAR BM 9mm, it works great and she loves to shoot that old thing...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Drager,there is a StarBM on my desk as I type this, great little pistol ;D Doug

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My wife carries a Glock 26 loaded with 124-grain Hornady TAP/FPD.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'll see if I can get a pic of my Star posted, along with my newest toy (PT945 w/ported barrel)...

·
Registered
878 Posts
S&W model 36. 1982 model, pinned barrel and pin on the hammer :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
CCW- S&W Model 642 loaded with Corbon 38spec+p's 110 gr.copper hollow points(all copper).Used with a front pocket holster made by DeSantis.

In the Jeep- EAA Witness in 10m/m loaded with Corbon 155 gr jhp.

In the bedroom- Sig 226 in 9m/m loaded with Winchester Silvertips 115gr.

For Bear- Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull...loaded for bear!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Colt Diamondback 4" Nickle plated in her purse, Kimber Custom II stainless in ner nightstand. The colt was her pistol before we met 28 years ago and while she has a choice of 15 or so in the safe that she likes I cant seem to pry the Diamondback out of her purse.

·
32,492 Posts
This is for you guys and gals. Mostly for the gals, but the guys need to peruse this site. Much useful info for everyone to learn from. Women who want to get into shooting or who are already into shooting is who this is mainly for. There is a section for the guys.

www.corneredcat.com

By the way. This forum here is highlighted in the Discussion boards as a place to come to by Pax. Also known as Kathy Jackson.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
This is for you guys and gals. Mostly for the gals, but the guys need to peruse this site. Much useful info for everyone to learn from. Women who want to get into shooting or who are already into shooting is who this is mainly for. There is a section for the guys.

wwww.corneredcat.com

By the way. This forum here is highlighted in the Discussion boards as a place to come to by Pax. Also known as Kathy Jackson.
one too many w's

·
Registered
178 Posts
My wife does not have a CHL as of this writing, but when we travel here in Texas, the law allows her to carry from point A-B and she carries her 2" DAO Ruger SP-101. She is amazingly accurate with this gun and has no fear of recoil....as Mr. T used to say....." I pitty the poor fool". One day when she decides to get her CHL we can carry concealed together when not traveling.

tex

1 - 20 of 202 Posts