Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed alot of different initials used to signify the ability to carry concealed on this site, which is all new to me. In Michigan, it used to be a CCW, but according to the Prosecuting Attorney that did the legal part of my class, it was changed because someone was caught with a sword, (must have been lookin' for a dragon to slay :D) and challenged his arrest because he had a CCW. Because the CCW stands for Carry Concealed Weapon, not specifically 'pistol', charges were dropped, but they changed the designate to eliminate that problem in the future. We now have CPL, Concealed Pistol License. What does your state call it, and what does it stand for?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Re: What does you state call it?

In Arizona it's called a Permit to carry a concealed weapon (CCW). It is all-inclusive--not limited to handguns. So yes, an armed civilian can carry a sword concealed if they wish. Why one would I have no clue. ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts

Missouri is the same way . We have CCW and can carry any legal to own weapon.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

they call it a license here in ohio.. and pretty sure it only applies to handguns (pitty) CHL

·
Registered
6,761 Posts

NYPD in AZ said:
In Arizona it's called a Permit to carry a concealed weapon (CCW). It is all-inclusive--not limited to handguns. So yes, an armed civilian can carry a sword concealed if they wish. Why one would I have no clue. ;)
They think they're an Immortal and are in another Highlander movie?

In Mn its a "Permit to Carry a Pistol".

Steelheart

·
Registered
3 Posts

Here IN Indiana its called A License To Carry Handgun
This License Is hereby licensed by the State Police to carry on their person or in a vehicle,any handgun lawfully possessed by License.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Taurusnewguy said:
This License Is hereby licensed by the State Police to carry on their person or in a vehicle,any handgun lawfully possessed by License.
Ditto in PA

·
Registered
8 Posts

In Kentucky the license application says CARRY CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPONS (CCDW Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons on the web site). On the actual license issued it says "Concealed Deadly Weapons License". The thing I don't like is that it's cross referenced to your driver's license, so if you get stopped for any reason you may be asked if you are carrying.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts

tomas said:
In Kentucky the license application says CARRY CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPONS (CCDW Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons on the web site). On the actual license issued it says "Concealed Deadly Weapons License". The thing I don't like is that it's cross referenced to your driver's license, so if you get stopped for any reason you may be asked if you are carrying.
And the list of what is considered for Deadly weapon in KY, is quite a bit to inclusive.

·
Administrator
40,672 Posts

Texas is CHL, Concealed Handgun License.

·
Registered
229 Posts

FRANKLIN COUNTY
Ohio License To Carry a Concealed Handgun.

This is printed across the top of our lic. the Lic. is issued by your County Sheriffs office.

If you are stopped by any LEO, and you don't inform him as soon as he reaches the vehicle that you are carrying, you could lose your Carry Lic.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

lol ya i guess that means i can't carry a mac 11 or mp5k (i wish) when ever i get my license.. that would be funny.

EDIT: then again i think the mac-11 is classified as a machine pistol.. so.. hmm :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

NYPD in AZ said:
You're
NYPD in AZ said:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about, "Don't make me go all medieval on your a$$"! lol

The change is so current here in Michigan from CCW to CPL that even some officers, and most of the old codgers who've had their license for awhile don't even know it's changed. I hope I didn't hit a nerve with the 'old codgers' line. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here in Alabama, mine says at the top -- MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE PISTOL PERMIT. On the back it says I am allowed to carry any legal pistol concealed in my vehicle, or on my person.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Xiphos said:
most of the old codgers who've had their license for awhile don't even know it's changed. I hope I didn't hit a nerve with the 'old codgers' line. :D
Can you email me your home address, so us old codgers can come visit!! :mad:

:deadhorse:

:devil: :evil: :guns: :shooter:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Delaware has a CCDW- Carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon. Might have restrictions, most are unrestricted. Discretionary Issue, up to a Judge. Can carry things other then a gun. Including brass knuckles, nunchucks,, rifles, handguns,slingshot.etc. They have a long list of things that are considered deadly weapons.
Pretty much covers anything that can be considered a DEADLY WEAPON. Pretty liberal license, not easy to get, but possible.They gave me one. :D

General definitions. When used in this
Criminal Code: …
(5) "Deadly weapon" includes a firearm, as
defined in subdivision (11) of this section, a
bomb, a knife of any sort (other than an ordinary
pocketknife carried in a closed position), switchblade
knife, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, metal
knuckles, slingshot, razor, bicycle chain or ice
pick or any dangerous instrument, as defined in
subdivision (5) of this section, which is used, or
attempted to be used, to cause death or serious
physical injury. For the purpose of this definition,
an ordinary pocketknife shall be a folding knife
having a blade not more than 3 inches in length.

(10) "Firearm" includes any weapon from
which a shot, projectile or other object may be
discharged by force of combustion, explosive,
gas and/or mechanical means, whether operable
or inoperable, loaded or unloaded. It does
not include a BB gun. ….

·
Registered
296 Posts
Taurusnewguy said:
Big Dog said:
Ditto in PA
Big Dog, My PA non-resident license says: Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms. Seems to include guns other than handguns. Not quite as vague and liberal as my DE CCDW. DE says I can carry BOMBS! :???: :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
stephpd said:
Big Dog, My PA non-resident license says: Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms. Seems to include guns other than handguns. Not quite as vague and liberal as my DE CCDW. DE says I can carry BOMBS! :???: :rolleyes: ;) :D
I stand corrected, you are absolutely correct!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts