Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are times such as a post office visit or court house visit where you can't carry your pistol on your person. What do you use to lock it up in your car. I just don't feel comfortable putting it under the seat but I don't feel comfortable not having it with me either. Any suggestions on what works best? I know that what ever is used will not be as safe as the safe at home and I'm looking for suggestions. :confused:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GWK that's what I do now and while it's better than nothing I'm not completely comfortable. Because I work at a University and must leave my pistol essentially unattended for 8 hours a day. If I'm lucky the state will allow me to carry in the building but I'm not that hopeful or lucky.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
The only place I do that is the Post Office.
Otherwise it's on my hip, and I do not enter the anti-gun stores, just my Wife goes in.
Well, one other place, Bass Pro, but since they don't have much anymore for reloading, I quit going there.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
You can try one of the car safes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have a gun safe that has a steel cable looped around the mounting hardware under the driver's seat. Mine has a key lock because I don't trust the cheap tumbler combination locks. If someone actually gets my gun, it is because they broke into my car and had the right tools to either cut a steel cable or destroy the box to get the gun out. They would need some time to get this done and most thieves won't take the time.

·
Registered
30,339 Posts
Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
694 Posts
I use a NanoVault 300. It has a combination lock which I prefer over a keyed lock.

Reactions: gbusmech and Wino

·
Registered
526 Posts
So that stealing it is more difficult - anything can be stolen.
I also use the Gunvault Nano Vault. It's on sale at Meijer online right now. GunVault NanoVault 200 Portable Gun Safe*|*Meijer.com
$21.99 is as cheap as I've seen.
Yes I should have worded it different. It would be very difficult for someone to steal it as if im somewhere that ill be storing my gun in the car, it wont be there very long, so someone would have a short time to get the job done. But yes, anything is able to be stolen.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

·
Registered
30,339 Posts
On those "rare" occasions; in a locked console in a locked truck.

Been doing it for over 50 years with no prob-lem-o's. :thumb:

Whooeee! You're old!

And from Florida!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will spring for one of the car vaults with a cable. Unfortunately, I have to leave my gun in my locked car for a good part of the day. It's a uncomfortable situation and maybe the State will decide I can carry in the University buildings of course there are the Regents to contend with also.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
of course you guys will have to forgive a dumb a** for not using the search box.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.