1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my first judge 2 [SUP]1/2" [/SUP]chamber 3" barrel
have some pdx1 and estate #6
both 2[SUP]1/2[/SUP]"
what are the other judge owners are feeding their guns??
i saw some videos on the federal ammo has me wanting to try them
any ammo i should stay away from?

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Winchester Supremes #4 is in the drawer, Winchester .45 colt hollowpoints are in the cylinder ATM.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Everything, but when "The Judge" goes into HD mode it's Winchester 3" PDX1. If I carry it is Hornady CD lc. Deep woods LC 45's although I bought an pack of 5 Winchester 3" riffled slugs spec'd at 1800 FPS but still undecided on them as I haven't run any through it yet. I have the SS 3" Magnum, LOVE IT!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
what do you feed your judge?
Well, twenty dollar bills so that the verdict will come out in my favor! :D

(Sorry, I am not priviliged to own a Judge, but I couldn't resist joking a little)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like trying every size .410 just to compare.....at the range usually just .45lc, sometimes the PDX1 and the 000buck. I keep it loaded with 2-PDX1-.410....2-000 buck and a .45 PDX Elite hollowpoint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like trying every size .410 just to compare.....at the range usually just .45lc, sometimes the PDX1 and the 000buck. I keep it loaded with 2-PDX1-.410....2-000 buck and a .45 PDX Elite hollowpoint.
which one is the first shot?

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
just got my first judge 2 [SUP]1/2" [/SUP]chamber 3" barrel
have some pdx1 and estate #6
both 2[SUP]1/2[/SUP]"
what are the other judge owners are feeding their guns??
i saw some videos on the federal ammo has me wanting to try them
any ammo i should stay away from?
I'm pretty much using the same 410 shells that you are, and I also shoot 250 and 300 grain lead 45colt reloads too. Recoil is kinda stout out of my PD, but I do love it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Usually the .410 PDX1, 000 buck, PDX1, 000 buck and then the hollowpoint PDX1 .45
i thought the hollowpoint would be last
the judge is a different beast from other handguns.this beast is usually loaded with different ammo at once by many different users
thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty much using the same 410 shells that you are, and I also shoot 250 and 300 grain lead 45colt reloads too. Recoil is kinda stout out of my PD, but I do love it.
seems like pdx1 is the go to ammo for hd and 45lc for sd
thanks for sharing!
got to get to the range and how my judge is shooting.maybe this weekend i'll have time

·
Registered
289 Posts
i thought the hollowpoint would be last
the judge is a different beast from other handguns.this beast is usually loaded with different ammo at once by many different users
thanks for sharing!
Yep, the hollowpoint is last.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Family emergency dictates that I travel to Texas for a week. I may be taking my Judge with me and have yet to run Shot shells through it. This would be a good time try it out without worrying about range rules as I'll be in a rural area. Not sure if I'll prefer PDX or 000 Buck. Gotta give 'er a go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Family emergency dictates that I travel to Texas for a week. I may be taking my Judge with me and have yet to run Shot shells through it. This would be a good time try it out without worrying about range rules as I'll be in a rural area. Not sure if I'll prefer PDX or 000 Buck. Gotta give 'er a go.
sorry to hear about the emergency!
if you take your judge and get to shoot it please give us a range report
im going to get some of the federal handgun 410 000 and some 45lc this weekend.hoping to get to the range too

·
Registered
289 Posts
these sound like pretty cook pieces, they probably a bit bulky?
I have the Poly Judge PD and carry it (for now) in an Uncle Mikes sz5 holster(cut down) in the front pocket of my jeans. I've never carried a gun that was so comfortable, I'm just not fond of the nylon. I tried carrying my wifes PT-22 in a pocket holster and hands down I noticed the Judge less. Normally I'm attired in a t-shirt, polo shirt for warm weather or sweatshirt , sweater in the winter....it's pretty much invisible. My phone is more visible than the Judge. BTW....I'm about 5'6" and a 150 or so lbs.

I'd like to hear how others carry there's.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Speer 250 grain Gold Dots, Hornady 225 grain FTX, Federal's PD Handgun #000 Buck Shot for defense against 2 legged vermin and big critters. Just about any size shot, and the smaller the shot the better, for Mr. NoShoulders, Tree Rats and other small pests. Don't waste your time with slugs. They are only throwing about an 85 grain slug and aren't accurate for crap. Stay with the .45LC instead of slugs. The only .410 shells I have found to be effective past 10 feet are the Federal PD Handgun stuff and I hear that is because they use a shot cup that works with the rifling and hard copper plated shot. All of the other stuff I've tried sails like crazy and spreads out so much that it is almost ineffective past 10 feet. The Federal PD Handgun #000 BS will put all 4 buck shot inside the 8 ring on a B-27 silhouette target at 25 yards with my 4" barreled 2.5" chamber SS Judge.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts