Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, RON L here from WV

I have just a question and I will anwser my own side, what do you carry for a firearm? Do you carry in a Holster, side or Shoulder and do you use a Fanny pack?

I, Myself, carry a Rock Island 1911A1 45 Full size clone, I usually carry it in a Strong Side carry in a Bianchi or Safariland made Leather Holster that same rig allows me to carry my #2 carry, a M-95 classic Basically a Clone ogf the browning High power in 9MM and this one is a licenced copy made in Argintina! I have also been known to carry a PA-63 in warner weather or a beretta M-21A Pocket gun in 22LR same reason! I have been known to use a Fanny pack, but not a Holster model, a Civ one that hides easily and carries my wallet and some stuff? Hw about you all? I only carry a Shoulder Rig in winter Months and ujnder a heavy coat or jacket! How about you all! OH and I should have mentioned I am a licenced CCW Ownner here in WV!

RON

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Pt92/9mm 147 gr jhp in the winter, Beretta 84F/.380 90 gr Corbon +p in the summer. Using a paddle hip holster for both. The PT92 prints too much in the summer, so went to the smaller piece. I have used a fanny pack for both from time to time, but it's too cumbersome for common use.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Taurus 651 snubby 357, loaded with 38 +p, in a RKBA pocket holster. Fits in jeans and shorts really nicely, and as long as I wear a shirt untucked that covers the mouth of the pocket, nobody can see anything. I'm planning to get an OWB holster to wear at around 4 o'clock and see if that works well in the cooler months. I'm new to this, so I'm still trying to figure it all out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
617 (.357) or PT145 (.45) or LCP (.380) depending on local conditions and the weather

·
Registered
171 Posts
PT911, paddle holster with extra mag. LCP, fobus holster for backup.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Well, I carry my Kimber polymer in an IWB or OWB Kramer or I carry my PT145 in a FIST IWB holster. I also have an XD-45 compact that I will carry in an IWB Kramer holster. I like to carry my 145 because it`s light and I don`t need to wear suppenders on my pants. :guns:

·
Registered
532 Posts
More often than not, it's a 605 revolver, in a JIT slide, or High Noon Bare Asset IWB holster, loaded with Buffalo Bore 357s.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks to all that Responded, some folks don't like to Talk about what they carry? I for one will not use the Information against you, I merely like to see what others do and if it's a better plan than mine? I feel with a good Holster and a stong belt, even in Hot weather carry of a Full size semi auto is Possible, but gets some taking used to and if your comfortable with only that weapon and not your smaller back up, the larger gun might be a better carry, even if it is more difficult and harder to conseal? Just my thoughts? What works in Miami, might not be the same in Idaho? I see it as a "Work In progress" and no 1 anwser is right for everyone? It's tons of fun trying out new gear and what works and didn't ?

RON

·
Administrator
39,378 Posts
Backwoods has a good combo. PT145 in a Don Hume JIT. Part of my attire today, along with a P3AT in the back pocket. I don't mind talkin' about it. Showin' is different though. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
PT145 Mil Pro in a fobus paddle or a belt slide, Kel Tec P-11 in a fobus paddle, belt slide or a clip IWB, or a P3AT in back pocket, depends on weather, Dress, and where I am going.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My CCW should be here shortly,,,,I have my carry rig all ready to go..packing a PT 1911 AR in a Crossbreed Supertuck....decided that if I am gonna carry, its gonna be a full size 1911 in 45 ACP!!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Taurus 605ss, Don Hume JIT, two speed loaders. Don't need anything else. Umm, unless I decide to carry my S&W 65 in the same set up.

·
Registered
788 Posts
nakedbaboon said:
PT-145 IWB. Would like a shoulder rig for colder weather.
+1 on the shoulder rig. I've been thinking about one for my 145 and/or my Sig

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I mainly use crossdraw holsters. PT940 during the summer months, alternating
with a Springfield Champion Loaded model .45acp. In the colder months, it's a
Glock 27 .40cal. Also, I use a shoulder rig (left handed model) with my Springer
during the cold weather months!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm still carrying the 85 ul in an OWB holster with hornady's "critical defense" ammo. I just can't find a holster for the 24/7 (locally). The only reason I bought the .40 was to replace the 85 as EDC. Sometimes I sneak in the M&P if I have enough clothes on for adequate concealment. Basically I close my eyes and reach in the safe and whatever comes out I carry.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts