Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week, I bought the Ruger LCR, and was contemplating getting a Model 85....well, I kinda did. I got this today, a model M605. I thought I needed a Tauri wheel gun, so why not get it chambered in .357 Magnum, that way I can run .38 Special as well.

It will be going to the range tomorrow, along with the Ruger LCR.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I like the 85, my wife traded into one back around the turn of the century; I loaded and fired it, good gun. Always thought it too small and light for 357. That said; I got a deal on a used 605, too good a deal, it came home with me. It works, well. I don't like 357 in it but it will work. Good gun!!

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Very nice, my brother and I bought one as a birthday gift for our mother last year and she loves it.

Personally, I would always choose a .357 Magnum Revolver over a .38 Special, even if all I intended to shoot out of it was .38 Special, just because it's nice to have the option.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice, my brother and I bought one as a birthday gift for our mother last year and she loves it.

Personally, I would always choose a .357 Magnum Revolver over a .38 Special, even if all I intended to shoot out of it was .38 Special, just because it's nice to have the option.
That is what I thought. My daughter and I went to the range today, and we shot a number of handguns. She has the Ruger LC9s, and likes it quite a bit. We shot, as far a snubbies go, the Ruger LCR of mine, and this Taurus M605. Both did great, but because of the cold north wind blowing, I did not even take the time to take pics of the targets...my hands were numb from the cold, and was shaking like a leaf on a tree.

Anyways, the Ruger was pleasant to shoot with standard .38 Special, but a bit "bouncy" with +P loads. I'll stick to standard pressure .38's in that one. The Tauri did good too. I don't have any .357 Magnum ammo yet, but shot it with standard .38's and +P loads. The hotter loads were way easier to shoot through that one than the Ruger, and were only a little "snappy" with the hot .38's. Accuracy with both revolvers were about the same.

There was one load that shot really well from the Taurus, and that was the Remington 130 grain FMJ load. I shot two cylinders worth of that in the M605, and from 7 yards, was shooting a ragged hole! Both guns shot the 158 grain LRN a few inches above POA, at around 25 feet...strange.

Next time I get them to the range, I plan on having some pictures to back up my story....maybe I won't be shivering so bad the next time? ;)

·
8,885 Posts
Thanks for the shivering range report. Both of those revolvers are great shooters. Enjoy.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Snubbie hand slappers are nice at bad breath range. Save up and put a set of decent laser grips on it and you won't be disappointed.

P1080041.JPG

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice, I want a 605, however there are other things I want more. If I can find an older 605 at a good price I would get it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a couple of 605's and they were a really nice shooting revolvers! Nice weight, I didn't think the 357 cartridge was that bad shooting it! I think I'm about to get another one, LGS has brand new blued one for $279 and may get Crimson Trace laser grips or it, the full grip.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a couple of 605's and they were a really nice shooting revolvers! Nice weight, I didn't think the 357 cartridge was that bad shooting it! I think I'm about to get another one, LGS has brand new blued one for $279 and may get Crimson Trace laser grips or it, the full grip.
Well, you'd be doing a little better than I did then. I paid 311 + tax.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snubbie hand slappers are nice at bad breath range. Save up and put a set of decent laser grips on it and you won't be disappointed.

View attachment 403554
Is that a Charter Arms? If so, how do you like it? My daughter was looking at one of their funky colored offerings in .38 Special.

·
22,958 Posts
Earlier this week, I bought the Ruger LCR, and was contemplating getting a Model 85....well, I kinda did. I got this today, a model M605. I thought I needed a Tauri wheel gun, so why not get it chambered in .357 Magnum, that way I can run .38 Special as well.
Nice! Congratulations! I really like how the Taurus Bull grips feel.

And if all you shoot is .38, it should last and last and last!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is that a Charter Arms? If so, how do you like it? My daughter was looking at one of their funky colored offerings in .38 Special.
This piece is a Charter Arms STL Bulldog, 2-1/2'' barrel, 21oz., .44 Special, DAO with CT red laser grips. Anyone who cares to shoot a box at tin cans ought invest in a pair of shock gloves or your hand may go numb.

It's been a decent carry revolver. I haven't had it for more than two years.

I'd like to buy a STL., .44 Boomer in black nitride. At bad breath range, you could inflate and set 'em on fire simultaneously.

DSC06322.jpg
boomer_009_cboom_results_01s.jpg

Check out the weight of their Chic models.

https://charterfirearms.com/collections/undercover-lite

1 - 20 of 27 Posts