Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting real interested in this new G3. I have some concern though because of the many bad barrels in the TX22 line. I have two TX22s. One has mild chattering in the rifling but it doesn't seem to affect my accuracy or fouling of the barrel. My second TX22 does not appear to have any chattering. So, I got lucky. Some folks were not so lucky with their barrels. Just wondering how the inside of the G3 barrels look.

I'm going to the Gettysburg Gun show this weekend. Hope to see one there that's priced decently.

Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My recently purchased G2s 40 has some chatter marks also, did not see them when I inspected it. Need to carry a bore light when buying a Taurus now. A TX22 is not on my to buy list anymore. No G3 to inspect or buy locally yet.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
The G3 looks interesting, could replace my 24/7 that I sent in. However it was replaced with a S&W compact 2.0.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just recently got my second G2c, black friday deal my wife got me. The barrel is just fine in it and it was made according to the box back in September.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm getting real interested in this new G3. I have some concern though because of the many bad barrels in the TX22 line. I have two TX22s. One has mild chattering in the rifling but it doesn't seem to affect my accuracy or fouling of the barrel. My second TX22 does not appear to have any chattering. So, I got lucky. Some folks were not so lucky with their barrels. Just wondering how the inside of the G3 barrels look.

I'm going to the Gettysburg Gun show this weekend. Hope to see one there that's priced decently.

Thanks.

My barrel looked fine till I shot it, that finish is gone instantly. LOL folks with gen 5 Glocks have the nerve to cry about the smile mark, the G3 has smile marks for half the barrel 1 mag in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts