Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking yesterday while looking for some furniture for the kids about one of the things my grandma says to me that I had not even tought about until recently. She used to call a dresser "Chester Drawers." No need to dispute the fact until I saw something being advertised as a "chest of drawers." Who knew? I also thought when I was younger that AC/DC's song "Done Dirt Cheap" was actually "Dunder Chief." I know, I know. Who else has something that they thought was this but was actually that?

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
I learned very early in my life not to put beans in my ears, other than misunderstanding "Sunny Beaches!" :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
When I was a kid I misheard John Lennon's "Instant karma" as "Vincent Carmen" and was wondering who "Vincent Carmen" was and why he was going to "get me".

And a little gem of wisdom I learned at a young age, DO NOT PUT RED HOTS IN YOUR NOSE!!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
The Classic: Creedence Clearwater Revival - "There's a Bathroom on the Right" instead of "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise."

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
When I was growing up, the old folks around, used the word "dreckly" a lot. As in, "We'll be goin' to the store, dreckly". Came to find out it was directly. Don't hear that one much, anymore.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
When was the last time you heard the word "piller" and knew that it was something soft to put on the bed.

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Registered
390 Posts
How about Manfred Mann's song, 'Blinded by the Light' I used to sing it- 'wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night'. In reality- 'revved up like a duece another runner in the night'

another one of those wild and crazy '70s songs :yeahbaby01:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I used to hear when I was growing up the adults saying howsurmomenim. Translated "how is your mom and them" meaning how's the family. Still makes me laugh when I hear it said. I grew up in Texas by the way.

hatchet

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I could never understand the one line in the Fred Flintstone theme song that goes "through the courtesy of Fred's two feet."

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
When was the last time you heard the word "piller" and knew that it was something soft to put on the bed.
*grin* I live in Mizzerrrahhh, so I hear it all the time.

Sarge

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I was growing up, the old folks around, used the word "dreckly" a lot. As in, "We'll be goin' to the store, dreckly". Came to find out it was directly. Don't hear that one much, anymore.
hear that and "fixen to" alot. but the last time i had trouble understanding someone was when i worked at walmart an old woman came in looking for sheers. come to find out she was looking for chairs.

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I used to hear when I was growing up the adults saying howsurmomenim. Translated "how is your mom and them" meaning how's the family. Still makes me laugh when I hear it said. I grew up in Texas by the way.

hatchet
Reprised by Gary Burbank at WLW in Cincinnati. The Broadbank Burbcorping Castration.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
The Kingsmen "Louie Louie"... I had trouble figuring out what the words were as a kid!

Even the FBI investegated the lyrics!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts