1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
People can sense, the country is in the gutter.

Economically, you don't get out of the debt we are in.

Obama has set back civil rights farther than MLK advanced them....perhaps squared.

The world is about to explode with war and no one in the U.S. cares to take notice.

And people are curious as to why we are buying guns?

·
Registered
36,655 Posts
GUNS!!

CNN reports there were 3 NICS checks per second. That's a lot of guns, and it doesn't include private sales.

Gun sales boom on Black Friday - CNN.com
Well also consider that in a great many states the person with a carry license doesn't have to go through the federal check so add about 20% I imagine to that number.

Reactions: rodfair and YOT

·
Registered
36,655 Posts
I am not really buying many additional guns!
I am buying stuff that makes my guns go "BOOM"
without those then they are just pretty paperweights.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Nothing... yet. Looking to pick up a bolt action .243 if I can find a deal on one.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Nothing... yet. Looking to pick up a bolt action .243 if I can find a deal on one.
Tombstone Tactical and Buds have the Ruger American in .243 in the $240 - ish range. Buds is free ship - not sure about Tombstone.
I like the reviews and have been considering one in a larger caliber for some time.

I've seen them priced lower in the past but with their popularity that may not happen again - still not bad money! ;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I didn't buy anything. I never left the house. my main focus now is on making my guns better (optics, trigger, furniture, etc).

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought an electric start, two stage, 24", snow blower. I could have had a real nice gun for the price of that. At least my back will appreciate not shoveling.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
People can sense, the country is in the gutter.

Economically, you don't get out of the debt we are in.

Obama has set back civil rights farther than MLK advanced them....perhaps squared.

The world is about to explode with war and no one in the U.S. cares to take notice.

And people are curious as to why we are buying guns?
Jeesh. Merry Christmas to you too. :)

·
22,830 Posts
I bought a 77-year old walking stick.

DSC02725.JPG

I guarantee the Cabela's I was in sold hundreds of guns. No doubt. They said the background check system went down for a while before I got there, it was so overloaded.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Tombstone Tactical and Buds have the Ruger American in .243 in the $240 - ish range. Buds is free ship - not sure about Tombstone.
I like the reviews and have been considering one in a larger caliber for some time.

I've seen them priced lower in the past but with their popularity that may not happen again - still not bad money! ;)
Not able to see it at either place. Tombstone comes up as 348. Buds comes up as 342... do you have a link?

I saw the Marlin listed at 259 on GOG, but foolishly passed up on it...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good choice on the two stage vs a single stage. Single stages get bogged down after about six inches of snow.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you about winter. We got a foot of snow Wed. night. Our first of the year. It's been very mild so far. There's no frost in the ground yet and the plow is heavy.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
I didn't buy any guns... but did get the majority of parts needed to finish my AR build. I made sure to fill all the plastic parts with lead so next canoeing trip, it wont float. Now I just need to find a color that I'm happy with. Only parts I'm missing are:
the hand guard
optics
BUIS.
It will be function tested before I get sights or the front hand guard

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Wow! That s a lot of checks per hour.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Picked up a 8.5" barrel for a .300 Blackout. Now I need to go talk to a friend about getting a NFA gun trust, so I won't have to go through this again when I get a silencer.

Reactions: PreacherRodgers
1 - 20 of 68 Posts