Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the newest member to the family. Also hello im jessie and this is my first post here. What can you tell me about this piece? I picked it up my local gun store. It was a police trade in. I got a great price but only one mag and nothing else. Its a pt 92 af para. No decocker and minimal holster wear. Its an L model. Id like to know roughly the age. The grips are the originals. I really like this weapon and hope to get tons of use out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If you put the serial number in at the Taurus USA site they will give you the year of manufacture. Welcome to the site.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for the help and welcome. Turns out it was manufactured in 1986.
Congratulations on your acquisition of a true Taurus Classic, and welcome to the forum!

You'll find a wealth of information about the PT92/PT99 line of pistols here. ;)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your "new" firearm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Im really happy i found this one. Alot like the M9 i carried overseas. Feels just perfect in my hand. I need more magazines though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations on the acquisition and welcome to the forum from South Africa. The new mags should work as yours already has the revised mag release button by the trigger guard. try it out

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Welcome and Congrats, I love the older models like that. They are nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts