Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working 10 hour days since I started my new job 2 weeks ago, was a nice day out and I decided
it was time too go shooting. Just cleaned my wife's Spectrum this morning after it has rode around in her
purse for far to long, it needed too be shot so it went with me................
Then my constant companion asked if it could go, so the PT111G2 also went.
Got out too the range and lot's of people there, found an open spot and set up to put 50 rounds through each firearm, people
next to me shooting Glocks and S&W's, having problems with the G19, but kept my mouth shut!
I find it amusing when I hear or read that Taurus firearms suck, cause apparently my guns don't know that they should suck...........
Both ran perfect as always, guy next to me could not get his Glock to run, offered too look at it after hearing him cussing(need to clean your gun
once in awhile dude) and then let him shoot my G2, he enjoyed shooting it, was amazed at how it ran and the accuracy!
Let his wife shoot the Spectrum(she has a Bodyguard) and guess what she wants now!
At the end of the day I once again was reminded of what a great group of firearms I have, and how good they make me feel
when I let someone else shoot them!
Yeah, sure, Taurus'es suck..........................;)

G2/ well over 5000 rounds
Spectrum/ at about 800 rounds

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
Sounds like a nice day. If you lived closer, I'd go with you and we could trade off shooting each other's guns. Hopefully sometime.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
All it takes is a test drive of my Taurus G-2's to "convert" the naysayers.

Even more so now that they're selling a $100+ cheaper than I got mine for when they first came out.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, now I am thinking about a Spectrum for myself dammit!

·
Registered
340 Posts

This was yesterday for me.

I did 250 rounds.

It was 39 degrees, windy and raining.

My buddy said he didn’t care for Taurus. This is one handed while filming. 7 yards. Head shot. Taurus 605 5 Shot 357 Magnum, 1994 Custom Shop.

I’d say, I proved him wrong about a Taurus being crappy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5OIGNDAZ3z/?igshid=hws6ef8ol03q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Super Moderator
36,757 Posts
Did your buddy shoot it?

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Been working 10 hour days since I started my new job 2 weeks ago, was a nice day out and I decided
it was time too go shooting. Just cleaned my wife's Spectrum this morning after it has rode around in her
purse for far to long, it needed too be shot so it went with me................
Then my constant companion asked if it could go, so the PT111G2 also went.
Got out too the range and lot's of people there, found an open spot and set up to put 50 rounds through each firearm, people
next to me shooting Glocks and S&W's, having problems with the G19, but kept my mouth shut!
I find it amusing when I hear or read that Taurus firearms suck, cause apparently my guns don't know that they should suck...........
Both ran perfect as always, guy next to me could not get his Glock to run, offered too look at it after hearing him cussing(need to clean your gun
once in awhile dude) and then let him shoot my G2, he enjoyed shooting it, was amazed at how it ran and the accuracy!
Let his wife shoot the Spectrum(she has a Bodyguard) and guess what she wants now!
At the end of the day I once again was reminded of what a great group of firearms I have, and how good they make me feel
when I let someone else shoot them!
Yeah, sure, Taurus'es suck..........................;)

G2/ well over 5000 rounds
Spectrum/ at about 800 rounds
Nice story and hopefully the Glock aficionado learned some "tolerance". However, I was drawn to the emphasized point above. Just how was this G2 signalling its intentions? Was the slide clicking back and forth, or did you actually hear a (Brazilian accented) voice?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It actually said to me"I want to go" and who am I to argue?
Yeah, I'm nut's but I enjoy myself!...................;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts