Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off of a news website after some verbal sparring with some of the pro
gun control crowd. A couple of them were attacking concealed carry holders, painting
them as want to be Wyatt Earps, spraying bullets everywhere and incompetent to have
the right to have a concealed carry permit. I kept my head and rebutted their arguments,
mentioning that the Wild West senario they fear has never occurred and the fact that
people who have taken the time and trouble to get a concealed carry permit are not
going to risk losing what they have earned with careless gun play and the misuse of
firearms. What arguments or facts do you guys and gals use when you are debating with
the anti gun crowd?

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I don't, it's a waste of my time. Even if you win the argument they aren't going to change their mind.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea....I second glenwolde. Biggest ongoing argument I've had is with my mom. She's a "pacifist" christian of sorts evidently.....I've thrown out the fire alarm argument as well as the airbag argument and she's still "worried" that I'm paranoid or that I'm gonna shoot myself in the leg carrying it around with me all day. The subject never comes up unless she calls me when I'm on the way to...or at the shooting range!

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Arguing with the anti gun liberals is pretty much a waste of breath. You can counter their illogical statements with logic, counter their untruths with truths, and show them hard and irrefutable evidence that CCW actually results in lower crime rates, and they are still not convinced that there may be some legitimate reason for CCW. Anti's are like little children. They just want what they want when they want it, and they do not want to be bothered with facts or the truth; but they do want to be in charge; but not if it means they actually have to do something. They want to spend someone else's money to do what ever needs to be done!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I point out that when i follow the rules as a ccw holder they will never know i am carring until i have to save them from a bg. But they will know the bg has a gun when he shows it to the as he is robbing them.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
What argument?

I have unalienable rights. That means the government does not have the authority to deprive me of them. The right to keep and bear arms is one of those rights. The Bill of Rights makes that clear and states that this right shall not be infringed. Infringed. That means the government may not encroach upon it. The government must leave it alone. Hands off!

There is no argument here, so why bother?

What to tell the idiot? "Move out, draw fire!"

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I have arthritis that makes me incapable of running, I'm too old and fat to fight so if I feel threatened by you and make me fear for my life I'm going to just shoot you. If you don't like it, tough.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
One cannot argue with idiots. Don't waste your breath. It is your right under the constitution, that's all they need to know.

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
I have arthritis that makes me incapable of running, I'm too old and fat to fight so if I feel threatened by you and make me fear for my life I'm going to just shoot you. If you don't like it, tough.

View attachment 25488
God made some big and some small, but Sam Colt made all equal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Trying to argue with an idiot only brings you down to their level. Emotion and the propaganda that has been driven into their heads is the only thing they will listen to, so there is no point in wasting you breath. Just tell that it's your right as given by the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and If the gun supporting community was as violent as the anti gunners say they are then there wouldn't be any anti gunners anymore. Anything beyond that would just be a waste of time.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Trying to argue with an idiot only brings you down to their level. Emotion and the propaganda that has been driven into their heads is the only thing they will listen to, so there is no point in wasting you breath. Just tell that it's your right as given by the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and If the gun supporting community was as violent as the anti gunners say they are then there wouldn't be any anti gunners anymore. Anything beyond that would just be a waste of time.
Like Grandpa used to tell me.........."Don't attempt to match wits with a fool, you may succeed......"

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
What's to argue? I don't waste my time and don't bother, nothing to defend. Like Nike, "Just Do It".

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm with gbusmech. I'm too old to fight, I'll just shoot you.

But the thread is about arguing - futilely - with anti-gun liberals. If asked why am I armed I wil say, "Because I am a citizen of the United States, therefore a member of the militia and required to be trained and armed."

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If I'm doing my job right, I don't have to defend it because nobody knows. ;)
Absolutely!

Proper concealment keeps me legal and keeps me from having to even discuss the issue.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
I don't argue. I don't care. Not my problem if someone else doesn't take the protection of his family as seriously as I do. And I'm far past th age where winning an argument is important to me. No vanity here. Let them call a cop. I'd rather call my lawyer.

Reactions: gbusmech
1 - 20 of 130 Posts