Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your "legal" actions if a mob surrounds your house and doesn't leave????

I was reading this article (the article is political in nature but my question is not) and then reading the comments and that go me to thinking (danger Will Robinson, danger). It's pretty straight forward on how you treat trespassers on your property, especially at night, in Texas but what do you do if you're confronted with a large group of people that are physically trespassing on your property protesting you and they refuse to leave? Worse yet, a police officer shows up and does nothing to remove the protesters from your property.

What are your "legal" options when faced when a situation like that? Simply hope that you have enough personal property and personal injury insurance and that it's paid up?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Good question - I thought about that when I read the article this morning, but really don't have an answer. I know I would be immensely pissed that the cops would just stand around, and I bet any "display" of force from within your home could be met with a SWAT presence. I think I would call 911 and complain long and loud, mention that the police are there but doing nothing to protect your property, and then call a local media outlet.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Good question - I thought about that when I read the article this morning, but really don't have an answer. I know I would be immensely pissed that the cops would just stand around, and I bet any "display" of force from within your home could be met with a SWAT presence. I think I would call 911 and complain long and loud, mention that the police are there but doing nothing to protect your property, and then call a local media outlet.
Excellent move with the media! Those guys are always looking for anything exciting. In San Antonio, a good drive-by shooting gets way more attention than the current NSA debacle.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be really hard for me personally to not go out there with a base ball bat at the very least.
Does it all go out the window if they start throwing rocks at your house and vehicles?
Seems like the best way would be to get all your neighbors to call in trespassing and disturbance of the peace complaints.
It's a really tough situation that I hope I never have to face, being in Texas I probably won't ever have to.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
My carry instructor said if there is an immediate threat to your life or personal property you have theright to defend it. If they are INSIDE your home uninvited, you need no reason at all. If it was me, Id probably be having mob target practice.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
but what do you do if you're confronted with a large group of people that are physically trespassing on your property protesting you and they refuse to leave? Worse yet, a police officer shows up and does nothing to remove the protesters from your property.
Simple answer: Call a contractor and arrange to have non-purple siding installed immediately.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simple answer: Call a contractor and arrange to have non-purple siding installed immediately.
The Purple House Interdiction Squad has a ring to it.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

I didn't read the article but in Arkansas if they are in your yard and are trying to break into your house and you FEEL that you life is being threatened without a way to escape unharmed you can legally defend yourself.

An mob, even unarmed can easily overpower an armed man.

If they are in your yard and not trying to break into your house, all you can do is tell them to leave and call 9-1-1.

Paul

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
what you can legally do and should do are two different things.

Our Tresspass laws are pretty slanted in favor of the property owner (as they should be) but my first reaction after the cops left would be to video everyone there, photograph the license plates of every vehicle and use it to build a case to prosecute them for trespassing.

Also if the local police refused I'd be on the phone with other agencies, the County Sheriffs office to the Texas Rangers if i had to! :D

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
be a great time for a in ground sprinkler system wouldn't it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
what you can legally do and should do are two different things.

Our Tresspass laws are pretty slanted in favor of the property owner (as they should be) but my first reaction after the cops left would be to video everyone there, photograph the license plates of every vehicle and use it to build a case to prosecute them for trespassing.

Also if the local police refused I'd be on the phone with other agencies, the County Sheriffs office to the Texas Rangers if i had to! :D
Excellent thought! Calling the Sheriff never crossed my mind, and I'd bet they have a different point of view than the local PD.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Excellent thought! Calling the Sheriff never crossed my mind, and I'd bet they have a different point of view than the local PD.
:D :D When all else fails (at least in Texas) call the Rangers! Like the old saying goes, One Riot One Ranger! :D :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Most people who protest in favor of illegal aliens are illegal aliens themselves. "Community organizers" can hire them for less money. You might say they're doing a job that Americans just won't do.:) In a ideal world, the homeowner would be able to call ICE to deport the protesters to the third world cesspit from whence they came, where they can protest as much as they please, provided that their local dictator/warlord/narcotraficante doesn't object. The world, however, is far from ideal.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You have some very good suggestions. I think the Sheriff and the media would be the best bet. Sprinklers and a video camera would also be good.

Now, if they become violent, and are on your property destroying your house and car, with you in it or near by, I'd say the way to address it is to have enough ammunition.

Like Magnum, I'd probably be sitting on my front porch with an AK47 and a few 30 round mags.

It is disgusting though that these people get away with what they are doing. It's the liberal fascist tactic though.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Fire up your death race 2000 car and do some laps around the property.

Turn on the high powered lawn sprinkler system.

Have a pig roast and invite all the bikers.

A good time to test your new flame thrower.

Time for some sporting clays.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Although usually frowned upon in this day and age, in the days of my youth, the most effective trespasser repellent
was rock salt View attachment 58171

Reactions: Lmstncwby and darbo
1 - 20 of 63 Posts