Taurus Firearm Forum banner

3941 - 3960 of 3978 Posts

·
Administrator
39,884 Posts
Today, I’m loading up some 9mm. Just finished a batch of 124gr Hi-Tec coated, with 4.4gr. Bullseye. I’ll go back shortly, and change over to 115gr. Hi-Tec coated, with 4.7gr. Bullseye. Might as well make a day of it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
LOL, it took me 3 weeks to get around to it but I loaded 5 rounds each of 5 different powders and each powder was loaded at 2 different mid-range charge weights. I used Varget, BLC-2, H335, H4064, and IMR 4198.

I'll take them to the range and shoot them over my chronograph to see which ones I like best.

I can say for sure that I liked loading with the BLC-2 and H335 best. They both meter great. The other three definitely do not. The IMR 4198 was the worst. To say it meters like corn flakes is an insult to breakfast cereal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not quite ready to load, but I opened and cleaned the Hornady 223 Rem dies I received for Christmas, as well as a box of Hornady 55gr FMJBT. I also found a guy selling new boxes of Hornady bullets on MeWe, so I ordered 10 more boxes of the Hornady 55gr. At $15 each shipped that’s decent.

I still have about 700 cases of cleaned and lubed nickel plated .223 Rem that came from a LEO range, originally purchased for conversion to 300 Blackout. So I asked my 13 y/o grandson to give me a hand and we cranked out 150 resized, deprimed cases. Next comes primer pocket staging, and then we’ll be able to start on some loads.

·
Administrator
35,401 Posts
After cleaning and prepping all of my 223 brass, I just finished out my green can full of that caliber. In case you're wondering, there are 1,307 rounds in the can. Time to start another can !

20210115_161706.jpg

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
Really crappy day out-- 42 degrees, wind 15-25 MPH with higher gust, feels like temp is like 32.
anyway ran 200 rounds of 300 Blackout sub-sonic with 220 grain spire points.
now t see how the homemade chili is doing!

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Really crappy day out-- 42 degrees, wind 15-25 MPH with higher gust, feels like temp is like 32.

now t see how the homemade chili is doing!
Wha Wha! Whole flock of Wha wha's,

Worked the 200/300yd range for 8 hours today, was 30* and snowing wind @ 10-12mph with gusts to 20. Had a total of 9 guests today which was just busy enough that I had to stay out there. Then had a blow-out in my snow boot and my foot got soaked.

So now I'm having broasted chicken and then I will be going to the loading bench to work on some 223

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,013 Posts
Wind gusting to 61 mph on Friday high of 38°. Decided to ladder load so Missouri Bullet Co. 9mm 125 gr LCN’s, using: HS 6, Power Pistol, N340, Tite Group, 800X, CFE Pistol, 3N37, W231, Bullseye, and Longshot.
Saturday Wind is down gusting in the low 40’s temp topped out at 50°, still at work on the ladders. Making 25 of each step.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
Wha Wha! Whole flock of Wha wha's,

Worked the 200/300yd range for 8 hours today, was 30* and snowing wind @ 10-12mph with gusts to 20. Had a total of 9 guests today which was just busy enough that I had to stay out there. Then had a blow-out in my snow boot and my foot got soaked.

So now I'm having broasted chicken and then I will be going to the loading bench to work on some 223
SNOW BOOT??
is that like a Snow Shoe except higher around the ankle??
I am not very fluent in Snow of any kind.
Kind of sounds like a Glock owner Snow Boot to be honest.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
SNOW BOOT??
is that like a Snow Shoe except higher around the ankle??
I am not very fluent in Snow of any kind.
Kind of sounds like a Glock owner Snow Boot to be honest.
LaCrosse Footwear - Winter Boots take you pick. the colder the weather. the deeper the snow the better the need for a good boot.

·
Premium Member
11,127 Posts
50 rounds of 158gr plated .357mag. Last of my Berry's bullets. I've got some 125gr lead being shipped as we speak.
200 rounds of 308.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Getting ready to go load up the 150 rounds of 223 that I have all prepped and ready These will be the first round of a large loading that I just finished testing and have worked very well in my Savage bolt gun. This loading is just above the mid-point at 23.8gr of TAC, Max is at 24.7gr... There may be a higher velocity node up towards the top but at this time I am not going looking for it.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
loaded 200 rounds of 10 MM, 100 were Berrys flat point 155 gr, 100 were 160 grain SWC coated.
thats the end of my loading for a while now, the cabinet is full and the floor in front of the cabinet is full.

·
15,013 Posts
loaded 200 rounds of 10 MM, 100 were Berrys flat point 155 gr, 100 were 160 grain SWC coated.
thats the end of my loading for a while now, the cabinet is full and the floor in front of the cabinet is full.
You are NOT shooting enough!

😁

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
You are NOT shooting enough!

😁

could be, but I doubt it!
MY addiction requires I shoot about 8-10 -K rounds per year.
all the bad. cold, windy, wet weather is responsible for the reloads in such quantity.
I have reached about a break even point on Primers, projectiles, powder by my calculations so likely not ordering any more powder/ projectiles until i locate more primers.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
I got back to the bench last night briefly. Figured I would start anew with a rum of 9mm Luger since that's probably the round most used in the last 3 outings. I've primed 200 and had intended to do a total of three, but now that I'm thinking about it figure I'll aim for 400 total. So 200 more to size/prime and them onto the Lee 1000 to load them with a target load of HP38. The next after that will probably be 38 Special as the R92 has been calling my name.

·
15,013 Posts
I thought that with the china flu and the fewer rounds down range that I would end up with less brass to clean.

Nope!

While there is less brass to scavenge there still seems to be a metric ton in the “I’ll get to it” bucket. 6 lbs. (Mixed 223/5.56, 9mm, 380, 38 spl and 357 mag.) yesterday and we will see how much gets done today.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate working brass?

😖

Reactions: CJS3 and olfarhors

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
my Accurate #5 is slowly dwindling down, so the old HP-38 and Unique may be stepping to the front now in a few weeks.
they sling the 9 MM, 380, 38 Thupper and 45 acp pretty good, not to bad for sissy 10 MM load which will work fine on the paper bad guys at the range.
the small primer hole 45 acp cases are looking a lot better now that my LPP are dwindling.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
Finished 300 of the 9mm and set up for 38 Special with Berry's 158 grain PFN. Broke out the 700X that I bought at Cabela's. Can't remember if it was on sale or stock was dwindling but this was probably a year ago. I couldn't get an internet signal in the store to check and called kwb1954 to ask him to look at applications. He saw it was good with some pistol loads and that metering was sometimes difficult. I bought two pounds. The metering issue is real and in the deep 38 Special case it's a real PITA. I'm just wanting to turn out target rounds so a .10 of a grain one way or the other isn't an issue, but when I'm looking to drop 3.5 grains and it's providing a charge that might not clear the barrel it becomes a real issue. I made maybe ten rounds and switched to Universal to finish off the hundred.

My next plan is to use the 700X for 45 ACP so I can see if the drop looks look each time.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just finished 300 5.56 w 62gr over some CFE223.

3941 - 3960 of 3978 Posts