Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my son has started shooting with me and wants to go every time I go to the range I am looking to pick up a 22 revolver to reduce the cost. I have looked at the 990 and the Taurus website is kind of confusing it sort of implies that this firearm can use both 22 Magnum and 22LR. Can any of you 990 owners confirm if this is true or which ammo it shoots?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will continue to research all of these identified. I wish that the descriptions were not so cryptic in some cases.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If I am not mistaken it goes like this-
990 .22lr
991 .22mag
992 .22lr/.22mag with interchangeable cylinders.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got a I 990. It is .22LR only. I've got the 4"SS model. It's a great revolver, and the most shot handgun I own, because it's cheap and lots of fun!

·
32,530 Posts
You'd all be correct ,sirs! :)

Took the 990, 6 inch model out for a spin today. Accurate little bugger. I'd put it up to against a S&W 617 any day. It may not hold 10 shots,but minute of inch accurate,yes. :) Read that very tiny groups at 75'.

I'm laughing in part because mine cost $238 overall. The salesman from the store where I bought it was nice enough to offer me a deal of sorts. He said they couldn't ever sell the sucker and the gun was used. Very lightly. So the store manager wanted to get rid of it. Can't pass up a deal like that. Not a steal, but not bad.

I've sent a e-mail to Speed Beez asking them to consider making loaders for the various Tauri rimfire guns. They affirmed that back last year before Christmas but haven't heard back.
Speed Beez 617 Speedloaders

It seems that they haven't. If enough people bug them they might.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have caught myself lately really appreciating these guns. I am really liking the rimfire families of revolvers.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've used mine in a rimfire league for the last few years. They will shoot with any 617 at half the price. I use HKS speedloaders, and they work just fine.

Which model of speedlaoders? The HR-22s?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Typing at the same time! Mine does jutt fine with bulk stuff from Walmart.

·
32,530 Posts
I've used mine in a rimfire league for the last few years. They will shoot with any 617 at half the price. I use HKS speedloaders, and they work just fine.

Which model of speedloaders? The HR-22s?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts