Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to send my brand new PT140 back to Taurus on day 1, just got it back about a month+ later and am trying to recall if what I have in the case is what all came with it. I have the PT, 2 mags a brush and manual. That sound about right?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
only other thing I can think of is the safety key

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine didn't have mag loader or brush!!!

·
Administrator
40,176 Posts
The pistola of course (PT145). Nylon brush, mag loader, two magazines, keys for the internal lock, and literature. I can't remember if I got a bicycle lock with that or not.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
mag loader, brush, 2 mags, keys and wrench for the rear sight
That's the way my PT145 came - and a manual as Smoke said. And I'm developing a considerable collection of those bicycle locks. If I ever get another bike it's going to be the most secure two wheeler you ever saw. :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
When sending a gun back to the factory, don't they tell you to send the firearm only?
I'm not sure if that's what they tell you, but that is what I would do. In fact, if a case was included with the purchase, I don't know that I would send it in with the gun. Custom grips would come off too. It's not that I think the gun manufactures are filled with thieves; I would just worry about accessories being misplaced & lost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, looks like I got everything (although I didn't get a mag loader but I don't think I ever had one). I purchased from Fred Meyer and they did the shipping and told me to send everthing back in case I was to get a new gun. By the way, as this gun is so new to me, another question. When you have an empty mag in with the slide locked back I seem to only be able to release the side with the slide lock (slam) and can't seem to get the slide to close by just pulling back on it. This the norm? It releases fine with no mag in. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Thanks guys, looks like I got everything (although I didn't get a mag loader but I don't think I ever had one). I purchased from Fred Meyer and they did the shipping and told me to send everthing back in case I was to get a new gun. By the way, as this gun is so new to me, another question. When you have an empty mag in with the slide locked back I seem to only be able to release the side with the slide lock (slam) and can't seem to get the slide to close by just pulling back on it. This the norm? It releases fine with no mag in. Thanks again.
Gotta drop the mag first, or insert a loaded mag to slingshot it. The follower in the empty mag is the thing that pushes the mag catch up. It's the reason it locks back on the last round.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
No sweat. If you're confused about something it's best to ask the question. That's called learning things the easy way. Beats the heck out of the alternative. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts