Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today and got comfy with my new concealcarry pistol, the PT911. After about 150rounds I can keep a 3" group at 25feet and about 16" when I just empty the mag as fast as I can pull the trigger. I haven't tried shooting from a benchrest yet, but I was wondering what I can expect out of this?

I am happy with it as it is already, but would love to get near the accuracy of my PT1911 which is just too big for concealcarry.

Thanks.
GB

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can tell you, the PT911 I used to own had better accuracy than I was capable of. In rapid fire, at 7 yards, I got 14 out of 15 shots into the head region of a silhouette target. And the one that was outside the head, was JUST outside the head.

I don't know why people think the 1911 is too big for CCW. I typically carry one of three pistols. Either my PT92AFS, my EAA Witness (full size) or my Para-Ord P1445. I rotate between those three on a regular basis.

But I'm not a small person, so maybe it's easier for me to hide them. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know what happened to the message, but here's what I got through the email.
I've tried carrying a 1911, a Beretta 92fs, a Hi Power, an XD and a Glock 17. They're all too big for me to conceal. If I try them in IWB rigs, they flat out hurt my hips to carry them. The Glock 19 is the largest size I can carry, and the Millennium Pro so far is a very good size.
I realize that not everyone can carry off, carrying some pistols. Of course, it also depends on the state you live in. Some don't even allow printing, so you need to avoid being discovered as a armed citizen.

I'm fortunate enough that the state I live in (Michigan) also allows open carry. And since our CCW laws don't say it absolutely has to be concealed, I sometimes "push the envelope," as it were, in an experiment.

What I've discovered so far is this. Hardly anyone ever notices. Even cops. I make no real effort to keep my pistol concealed except at work. Every where else, I let the barrel peek out from under my coat/sweater/cover garment of the day. Most of the time, I carry in OWB holsters, like Fobus.

But that's just me. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts