Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year?

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
The dominant news you hear every day is how some psycho went nuts and killed X-number of people with an "assault rifle", therefore they should all be confiscated as well as all guns with magazines of higher than 10 capacity like California. If real truth was told, the left side would do away with the 2nd amendment and quickly ban all guns and gun ownership.

Yesterday I started a thread about how 3 teenage criminal thugs were attempting to rob some men at a private residence early in the morning and ended up biting the dust themselves because a gun was used to thwart their efforts and save lives of innocent people.

It got me to thinking about how many lives are SAVED by guns each year, either reported and confirmed or go unreported and unconfirmed.

I found a couple of websites that do have some stats but I'm sure there are a lot more incidents that go unreported or skewed by the mainstream media to not give credit to guns SAVING lives, which is what all of us are interested in doing for our loved ones and ourselves.

Here are a couple of websites with info. If you find more, please add to it along with newspaper articles in your town or state where guns saved lives.

https://americangunfacts.com/

https://www.capitalismmagazine.com/...ed-by-guns-and-why-dont-gun-controllers-care/

See less See more
#3 ·
Absolutely it rarely even becomes part of the discussion. Maybe WE should be making a big stink about it. Look at the incident yesterday where 3 teenager criminals went bye-bye. How will it go down in the books and what will the gun grabbers pounce on...three teens killed by gunfire from resident. NOT four saved from death or injury by gun wielding teens.

The punk thug Trayvon Martin was killed, murdered by a gun. Not George Zimmerman saved by gun he was carrying that Martin was trying to gain control of to kill Zimmerman.

How about...On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown Jr., an 18-year-old African American man, was fatally shot by 28-year-old white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the city of Ferguson, Missouri. Recently Kamala Harris referred to the incident as Brown was MURDERED! Are you kidding me?!! And her creepy self is in the Senate and attempting to run for the Presidency?

How about Darren Wilson's life was saved with his Department issued .40 caliber pistol as Michael Brown was attempting to gain control of it from Wilson to kill him and then later to kill Wilson any way he could.

#4 ·
Not to mention that the incident you mentioned in the other post gets counted in both the "gun violence" figures and the "mass shooting" count.

#5 ·
Facts, truth, and little things like the Constitution have no place in the debate. It's common sense and you're a racist if you disagree. How do people not know these things? Didn't they go to school and get indoctrinated?

#6 · (Edited)
Clearly time for some re-education camps.

My way-left liberal stepson was over a couple months ago.

He at one point was talking about why they have to round up all the guns. Little while
later he was talking about revolution and getting America back from the racist conservatives.

I just smiled. Logic like that, they can't lose.

All the Best,
D. White

#9 ·
Since facts have rarely been part of the anti-Constitutionalist agenda, something as difficult to quantify as the cost-benefit trade-off of guns in a free society has no way of getting traction.

Besides, it doesn’t create good headlines, doesn’t provide a rationale for more government control, and people who have been saved by a well-deserved killing don’t get crowds together to publicly go after the relatives of the person who committed the original assault, demanding justice. And if they did, the media would likely portray it as unreasonable, racist (if possible), and vendetta-driven.

#10 ·
That's only because I haven't had to shoot somebody yet. If I ever do, you can bet I will be suing their family and estate (if there is one) for mental distress and anything else I can come up with, because they forced me to take a life. They can call me racist all they want because for what the term now infers, it's a badge I would wear most proudly.

#11 ·
Many times, just the display of a firearm has possibly saved lives. But unless shots are fired, you’ll in most cases never even hear about it.

#19 ·
I can't remember how many times I put my hand on my pistol in the holster as a LEO and just stood there waiting on the person to back down. They did every time. How many others as former LEO's had that happen in there career. I never did put that in a field report either. You just saved lives by letting someone know you were ready to draw and shoot to kill, and not ready to back down. My two cents.

#16 ·
We all know all of this is hypocrisy at it's finest. SO what do they call a mass shooting? Two or three people involved? So 95% of mass shootings are drug lords fighting it out. Nobody mentions that. Oh and these shootouts are occurring in the areas with the toughest gun laws imaginable. Nobody mentions that.

I just read an article that points out there were 53 "mass shooting" related deaths last month. It also pointed out that in the same month 40,00 people died from obesity related illnesses. It doesn't add but I will that there are over 70,00 opioid related deaths every year. Who's working on that?

#17 ·
I wish that instead of pointing out some mass shooter killed a bunch’a people that they would say “so and so” is facing “x number” of murder charges. Bring the illegality of the act back into the highlight and leave the people guessing as to how they did it.

Like “Colonel Mustard did it in the WalMart in the hardware section”.

#22 ·

Yes Obama there is a step you could have taken that may have saved many many lives, doing away with inane gun free zones and stopping the harassment of law abiding gun owners for political gain.

Reactions: olfarhors
#23 ·
The reason no one knows that more people are saved by guns is because it doesn't fit the narrative! The narrative is guns are bad and need to be removed for your (the common peoples) hands. Anytime a good guy uses it to save someone or stop a nut job, it's quickly talked about and moved on to next story. If the nut job does something, they spend the next few weeks discussing why he did it?

#24 · (Edited)
I agree about the narrative. What can be done or what can we do to change it to "guns save lives".? It takes a lot of mouths and effort just like the teens who are going to be protesting all over the country today and another day about doing something regarding CLIMATE CHANGE. How in the hell did THAT get put together and organized?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-skip-school-fight-climate-change/2368349001/

We need KIDS. Just not any of the kids from Parkland because they're already protesting in organized groups against guns. Geezers like us just like to biatch about it on a forum.

I'd start the movement but I looked at the calendar and I have a birthday next week. The birthday and mirror both told me I was too old and would drain all of the allotted energy I have left to near empty in no time flat.

Anybody else wanna give it a shot who is a little younger or can motivate a bunch of kids into action? Otherwise, we're screwed with this constant uphill battle. The growing number of ****** are circling the wagons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.