Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know that Spring has not been super fantastic everywhere -- especially in the South, but it has been pretty decent around here. We managed to get the new fence up around the garden to keep the critters out (we used to use a flimsy chickenwire/post affair), and some other projects as well.

In addition, the trees are looking great. Our apple tree is in full blossom, and we are really looking forward to some good apples this year. Last year we didn't have any apples, because a fierce storm blew in and destroyed the leaves before the tree even blossomed. However, there is supposed to be a frost this weekend, so I hope that the apples make it....

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I work at a teaching college, so Spring has been very, very food to me, LOL.

·
10,379 Posts
Yep, getting ready to till and plant the gardens already...over a full month earlier than normal. I'm loving it. May actually get to plant two plantings of Kohlrabi for a change. Also set aside an extra garden to make room for some oddball stuff I don't normally plant, but, dearly enjoy.

That apple tree is darned impressive, mine looks pretty scrubby this year. Last year I lost two trees to some weird blue fungus and this one's struggling to make it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Don't want to burst your bubble but!! Have you looked at the lastest weather forcast??? I think you're in for some changes!!

BW

·
10,379 Posts
Hmm, I'm in northern WI and our lows at this point are supposed to be low/mid 30s for the next 5 days. May get a frost, but, nothing that'll kill seeds that haven't germinated yet. Just have to play it by ear I guess and use plenty of mulch and plastic sheeting.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't want to burst your bubble but!! Have you looked at the latest weather forecast??? I think you're in for some changes!! BW
Yes, unfortunate but true. I guess it's a good thing that most of the farmers around here were held back from planting due to the requirements of their crop insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts