Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What .25 auto ammo to choose

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Qwiks draw 
#1 ·
I know what you are fixin to type, your gonna tell me how I need to carry a different handgun, or how weak a .25 auto is. This is not my primary weapon, but I do own a .25 auto pistol and am thinking of carrying when I need something small when being active. I was just curious if anybody knew of a manufacturer that was superior to others. I will be shooting ball ammo no matter what, for penitration, but I was looking online and was amazed how little I can find on this caliber. Any of you guys got any advice. (besides getting rid of it, not gonna happen) :)

Thanks

Reactions: Jamesrouse
Discussion starter · #15 ·
the trouble with .25 cal is that almost nobody shoots it.

I know. Imagine my frustration that the shelves keep getting bought out of a rarely used caliber. I probably order something.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Any good ammo manufacturer is going to produce ammo that you can rely on. 25 auto is usually a 50gr bullet traveling 750 fps. So you are talking 62 ft-lbs of energy and .114 sectional density (Sectional density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). There aren't very many offerings to choose from, so I don't think there is going to be a "Superior" manufacturer. I buy Buffalo Bore for my .380, they make heavy hardcast bullets, and max them out velocity wise. With the 25 I would only concern myself with my own accuracy. As long as you can put your rounds on a 3x5 index card quickly from he draw that round will serve you right.
It would be a back up most likely, and then used a a gut gun. Shouldn't miss at contact range. Hopefully I never have to stake my life on it. :)

Discussion starter · #17 ·
If you are set on keeping I I'd stay it's time to start reloading. The 25acp is a dieing round destined to disappear, and when is does you'll be left with is a cool looking paperweight.
I dont think it will ever disappear. Though it is not popular in an age of bigger is better, but this round has been around forever and I beleive that it will continue to shot by the few of us that care to keep them. As long as there are shooters, there will be ammo. Availabilty is a whole nother story.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.