Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using the WFT on .308 and it seems to work great. My only issue is I don't want to chamfer and deburr manually, any suggestions? I have looked at the Hornady power one, but don't know anyone that has one. The case prep centers are a little pricey.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not that it helps you much, but I own a Hornady Case Prep Trio. It went on sale at MidSouth early this year, and I grabbed it. I actually haven’t had a chance to use it yet. Have only been loading for handguns. Probably bought too early, but at least I got my free Hornady bullets...the ones that cost $6.95/100.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the cordless duo one.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Buy a 3 way cutter for your trimmer, it cuts to length, chamfers and deburs at the same time. Midway sells them as I am sure others do to. I have one for .223/5.56 works great and such a time saver.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you can purchase a manual type that fits a drill, I've used it for years think it's an rcb.
If you see one send me a link, I didn't see one on Midway or Brownells sites.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Won't fit my case trimmer, and I just want to chamfer and deburr, not trim.
You can link to many options from those links

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can link to many options from those links
True, but none of them lead to the chamfer or deburring tools that can be chucked in a drill.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
969 Posts
I started using the WFT on .308 and it seems to work great. My only issue is I don't want to chamfer and deburr manually, any suggestions? I have looked at the Hornady power one, but don't know anyone that has one. The case prep centers are a little pricey.
Boat-Tail bullets will help, although I chamfer and deburr, anyway. One of the LEE tools that is worth having is their inexpensive tool, and naturally manual. I've used the Lyman trimmer for many years so I try to do as much as I can while the case is still in the universal chuck. But a number of folks just skip the C&D when they load boat-tails.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts