Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to the range for the first time with my new PT111. Well it went pretty well. Only shot 50 rounds. I had a few FTF, at least 4 or 5. I did clean the gun before i went to the range but maybe i did not clean it well enough. I will see how it works when i go to the range the next time. If it keeps happening i will see about getting it fixed because i dont think it is supposed to FTF that much. But I do think i shot pretty well and the gun shot excellent. It shot a little to the left i think but it could have just been my inexperience with a handgun. When i get better i will start to make adjustments. Here is a picture of a target with my first two mags. I think my groups were ok for the first time really shooting a handgun. These were shot from 7 yards. I shot some from 15 and 25 yards but it was nothing pretty. They were to see if i could hit the target really. I meant to shoot the second mag were it is at. I was just trying to see how i could group today.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went for the first time yesterday with my new pt140. Shot about 80 rounds or so and had 2 FTF. Gun was cleaned. Hoping it's just a breaking in thing.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Hey, that's good shooting, for first time out with a new gun...I think you'll find things get better with you pistol the more you shoot it, so just hang in there!! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Harrychl. I am sure things will get better the more i shoot it and will work out all its little quirks. And it will just give me another excuse to go to the range. I did not post the other target because i started to get antsy and i was all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
21,544 Posts
Guys these are small guns and you really have to hold them or they will jam on you every now and then. trust me I know 24/7 45 C DS and it was a handful. But I got used to it and no more problems try cleaning the mags I found a waxy substance in them and burs on the feeders. I cleaned that up and good to go.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advise 45. I am going to look at cleaning the mag. Maybe that will help out a bit.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Those FTFs may be ammo related.

I suggest that, after you give the pistol another thorough cleaning, that you take it back out with some different ammo.

My PT111 will not consistently fire and cycle with Winchester white box ammo, but I have no problems when I use Federal ammo or the reloads I get from my LGS.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had problems with my PT 111 first couple of times out. They have worked themselves out. No problems now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you very much for all the suggestions. I and going to try a different type of ammo and see what happens. I will let you know what happens next time i go to the range. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts