Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago bought my xd40, four days later bought the judge in a 3" and then yesterday I bought a Sr40c to carry. Went to the range to test them out about 30 yards. They both worked well. Brought the judge out and caught just about everyones eye. Shot a few rounds and just had a great smile. Can't not stop being impressed by it. 25 shots no problems . And shot my buddies pt111 great gun as well.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice! Tell me about your opinion on the SR40c if you would. I passed over it and went with a SR40 instead, but the C was under consideration.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Tell me about your opinion on the SR40c if you would. I passed over it and went with a SR40 instead, but the C was under consideration.......
I didn't take out the judge at that point wasn't sure if I was allowed to shoot shot shells. And the sr40c I felt was a great gun. Light trigger just need to adjust my sights felt it was shooting a little high. Compared to my xd40 I felt they had similar recoil to them. It's a little tricky shooting with the smaller clip till you get used to the grip,but the full size one is nice to bring out to the range. I Iove the gun, been carrying it with a galco stow n go iwb. Thinking about getting a crossbreed super tuck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have seen the judge in stores but never seen one in action but glad to hear you had a blast literally lol...:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
you might want to look at theis holsters cheaper and same quality. was looking for one for my 24/7 g2c and couldnt find one but theisholster.com makes a holster for any gun look up some videos on the internet. you might like it and save yourself some cash as well..:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you might want to look at theis holsters cheaper and same quality. was looking for one for my 24/7 g2c and couldnt find one but theisholster.com makes a holster for any gun look up some videos on the internet. you might like it and save yourself some cash as well..:D
I heard about them it's something to look into.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I also have an SR40C in stainless. It is GREAT! No failures of any kind; felt recoil is on par with a 9mm, and less than my Glock 22 .40 or my Taurus PT640. Trigger is very good.

I have a DeSantis Tuck This II IWB, a Remora Tuckable IWB, and Fobus Paddle OWB for it. I just ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Mini Slide Holster - Style 085, which is on back order.

When I carry it IWB I use the 9+1 mag; when carried OWB I carry the 15+1 with the extension. I tried both backstrap configurations, and prefer the flat backstrap.

BTW if anyone wants a DEAL ON HOLSTERS or other accessories (including sights, etc.) GOOGLE has a $50 certificate for OPTICS PLANET for $25.
https://www.google.com/offers/home

Offer expires 4/18, coupon must be used by July 12.
OpticsPlanet.com
$25 for $50 toward sport optics, outdoor gear, tactical apparel & more
Redeem online
• Huge selection of high-quality optic items
• Binoculars, sunglasses, designer & Rx eyewear
• Riflescopes, spotting scopes, holsters
• Thousands of top brands
• Expert customer service team

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have an SR40C in stainless. It is GREAT! No failures of any kind; felt recoil is on par with a 9mm, and less than my Glock 22 .40 or my Taurus PT640. Trigger is very good.

I have a DeSantis Tuck This II IWB, a Remora Tuckable IWB, and Fobus Paddle OWB for it. I just ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Mini Slide Holster - Style 085, which is on back order.

When I carry it IWB I use the 9+1 mag; when carried OWB I carry the 15+1 with the extension. I tried both backstrap configurations, and prefer the flat backstrap.

BTW if anyone wants a DEAL ON HOLSTERS or other accessories (including sights, etc.) GOOGLE has a $50 certificate for OPTICS PLANET for $25.
https://www.google.com/offers/home

Offer expires 4/18, coupon must be used by July 12.
OpticsPlanet.com
$25 for $50 toward sport optics, outdoor gear, tactical apparel & more
Redeem online
• Huge selection of high-quality optic items
• Binoculars, sunglasses, designer & Rx eyewear
• Riflescopes, spotting scopes, holsters
• Thousands of top brands
• Expert customer service team
Did you try shooting with both backstraps? I forgot I switched them n did think it was a little harder to get comfortable with then my xd40.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
i have seen the judge in stores but never seen one in action but glad to hear you had a blast literally lol...:D
They are DEFINITELY a blast to shoot!

001-Judge Ultralight upright with ammo-ls.JPG 004-Judge-carjackersnightmare.jpg

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'm gonna try that one out next time. Any special points to look out for when cleaning? Or just take the same approach I use on my xd
The SR40C is one of the easiest pistols to strip. Just clean it well with just a small amount of lube on the friction surfaces. I use a DuPont Teflon lube that is in a carrier solvent that dries in seconds leaving a Teflon film. Very slick, and does not attract or hold dirt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts