Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to a gun show yesterday this weekend hoping to find 3 handguns, and make a decision on one of them:

Glock 19C. Didn't find one.
Canik TPSF Elite. Actually, by the time I got there I had found that a fair number of people were having some reliability issues with it. But I was interested in seeing it, anyway. There were plenty of these there, but they didn't feel terribly good in my hand, anyway.
Grand Power P11. It is a compact version of the Grand Power K-100. I've seen some good reviews on it. Just one dealer had any GPs, the K-100 and Q-100 (K100 is the full-sized brother of the P11). I wasn't interested in the K- or Q-, and as the dealer was asking $650+, it didn't bode well for what they might price a P-11 (Bud's has the K100 and P11 in the $450 range).

I continued walking and looking, and I saw one I hadn't noticed or thought of before, a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. Price was, I think, $449, iirc. Couple others dealers had it for higher. I loved the look and the texturing on the 2.0 model. I shoot Glock 19-sized guns best, and the 2.0 is just about exactly the same size - I'd thought about the previous model, the M&Pc, before...but never wanted it enough to buy one.

Anyway, one dealer had it listed at $399. Came back the next day after sleeping on it, seeing good reviews and checking out competing prices. Went back today and picked it up. Will likely shoot it early this week.

After I made the purchase, I browsed that same guy's very large selection of Glocks (as I also did, yesterday), and lo and behold, there was a Glock 19C! I just missed it, yesterday...not sure I would have bought it, anyway. Haha, guess the S&W was meant to be!

Came with 3 extra backstraps, 2 mags (15 rounds), and 2 grip spacers for use with an extended magazine.

M&P Compact 2.0.jpg

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. what are the specs on it?

Reactions: Valjean

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Model: M&P®9 M2.0™ Compact

Weight: 24 oz
Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 15+1
Barrel Length: 4" / 10.2 cm
Overall Length: 7.3"
Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
Rear Sight: Steel - White Two Dot
Action: Striker Fire

Definitely bigger than the previous M&Pc model.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Nice decision on the MP. I picked up a MP40c last year from my local FFL dealer. Gave $399 for it with 3 mags and night sights, but that was back when every manufacture was giving away something just to move product. I like it so much at it is here next to me on the bottom side of an end table hanging tough to a magnet for one of those "Just in Case" moments we all hope to never have.

Matter of fact I pulled mine out to compare it to the photos that you posted. I do like the look of the stippled grip on that G2 model.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice decision on the MP....I do like the look of the stippled grip on that G2 model.
Many thanks! Yes, I don't think that there is an aftermarket product that could improve upon (or even approach) this M&P's grip...but my experience is limited on that. That was a bit of an extra selling point with me, as I have very dry hands. In fact, I just decided to try some Talon Grips (rubber) on my Gen 3 Glock 19 and Glock 43. Very interested to see how they do, as I've not tried them (or anything of that nature, aside from Hogue grips, before).

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Very nice.

I was tempted to buy one of the Police Surplus M&P40s last year, but ultimately passed on them because I wanted a Judge more.

One of these days I'd still like to get an M&P, but sadly there are just too many firearms I want right now for me to make it a priority.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats. The M&P pistols are VERY well made. I am sure you will be thrilled. And if you DO have any issues, S&W will get your pistol squared away, pronto!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Funny i do the same thing. I don't even own nail clippers.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
Good choice. Congrats.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You will love it! I got mine (.40) 4 1/2 years ago and still love it. I'm looking to purchasing an Apex SS 9MM semi-drop-in barrel.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Range Report on the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact.

Not much to say - just a great gun. When I take a new gun to the range, punch holes in just one target, and then set it aside to shoot another gun because it has met my expectations to the point that I have no need to shoot it more that day (other than for fun), I know I've got something very, very good. Really a smooth, easy shooter. I moved on to check out the Talon Grips I put on a Gen 3 Glock 19 last night (the rubber kind, I liked them).

The 2.0 grip texturing is VERY aggressive - speaking personally, I love 'em, and experienced no irritation or similar problem. 3-dot sights very good - my favorites are the Glock 'ball in the cup' sights, but that is splitting the slimmest of hairs.

Here are a couple of pics of the 2.0 M&P target, from 7 yards out. Each of the targets had 15 rounds shot through it:

First shots ever through it, 15-round mag, taking my time
(not a problem getting all 15 rounds in the mag, btw):

M&P Target 1.jpg

Remaining 4 target sections, shooting at about 1 second intervals
(the 5 shots bottom center through the lettering were intentional):

M&P Target 2.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts