Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of my favorite annual gun raffles today and spent a whopping $175 on entry and side games. I won $86 back on raffle tickets, and won this.

IMG_0126.JPG

Not too bad for $89. :D Also a quarter tank of gas round trip down and back

It was all you can eat meal and free beer on top of it. They raffled off a gun every 15 minutes on the main ticket from 1pm to 6pm. Also a lot of side raffles. My winning was a couple of side raffles.

So I'm also a P365 owner as well.

Maloy

·
Super Moderator
36,002 Posts
Nice score!

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Nice deal indeed, congrats.

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
It appears as though you came out way ahead. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I was lucky on Saturday.

I'm not unfamiliar with the P365 and have put rounds down range with a rental and a friends. I put three boxes of Winchester white box down range, yesterday, and some assorted JHP. I also took my PT111 G2 that I've had for over four years and too many rounds down range with it. I had just gotten it back from a friend that borrowed it for his CCW classes. He uses it as a demo gun for people wanting to try different guns.

I compared the two at the range, and like before, the P365 feels like there isn't enough to hold onto, but my shots were going into the target where I want them. This was the first time I put any amount down range with a P365. So all toll, I probably put at least 200 rounds down range. Other than clean it before the range trip, I've done nothing to it. Not once did it fail to feed, fire, or eject. Casings landed about between 5' and 10' feet, some rolling as far as 15' feet at 3 to 4 O'clock. So most of my 9mm brass was easy to locate. I couldn't fine a JHP it would not cycle, even some soft tip 90gr Magtech. The 90 grain Magtech produced the most muzzle blast and flash.

So it's a keeper, and now my smallest 9mm. During my range session, my grouping started to tighten up. The PT performed as expected, but after the first box through the P365, I got really use to it and was shooting better with it. After the second box, I really got into it and fired at a steel swinger I stuck out at 25 yards. It's a 6"x6" square, and swung it over 90% of the time.

I've wanted a P365 after the first time I shot one, but I balked at the $500 price tag. Also, the PT's and my CCP's filled the purpose for something light and easily concealed. The PT's still fill the purpose for traveling out of state. The CCP's might just get hanged up in the safe.

I've got 2 more 10 round magazines and a holster coming. Sig retail price is insane of nearly $50. There is a vendor on ebay that has them for $34.99 and free shipping that I've bought from in the past. So it makes you wonder at what the markup is? The difference is that these will not be coming in a retail box. I think I can sacrifice a retail box and save $15 a magazine.

Maloy

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thanks everyone. I was lucky on Saturday.

I'm not unfamiliar with the P365 and have put rounds down range with a rental and a friends. I put three boxes of Winchester white box down range, yesterday, and some assorted JHP. I also took my PT111 G2 that I've had for over four years and too many rounds down range with it. I had just gotten it back from a friend that borrowed it for his CCW classes. He uses it as a demo gun for people wanting to try different guns.

I compared the two at the range, and like before, the P365 feels like there isn't enough to hold onto, but my shots were going into the target where I want them. This was the first time I put any amount down range with a P365. So all toll, I probably put at least 200 rounds down range. Other than clean it before the range trip, I've done nothing to it. Not once did it fail to feed, fire, or eject. Casings landed about between 5' and 10' feet, some rolling as far as 15' feet at 3 to 4 O'clock. So most of my 9mm brass was easy to locate. I couldn't fine a JHP it would not cycle, even some soft tip 90gr Magtech. The 90 grain Magtech produced the most muzzle blast and flash.

So it's a keeper, and now my smallest 9mm. During my range session, my grouping started to tighten up. The PT performed as expected, but after the first box through the P365, I got really use to it and was shooting better with it. After the second box, I really got into it and fired at a steel swinger I stuck out at 25 yards. It's a 6"x6" square, and swung it over 90% of the time.

I've wanted a P365 after the first time I shot one, but I balked at the $500 price tag. Also, the PT's and my CCP's filled the purpose for something light and easily concealed. The PT's still fill the purpose for traveling out of state. The CCP's might just get hanged up in the safe.

I've got 2 more 10 round magazines and a holster coming. Sig retail price is insane of nearly $50. There is a vendor on ebay that has them for $34.99 and free shipping that I've bought from in the past. So it makes you wonder at what the markup is? The difference is that these will not be coming in a retail box. I think I can sacrifice a retail box and save $15 a magazine.

Maloy
Which floorplate did you have on the magazines you were using? I have a 365 too and don't seem to have that problem and I have larger hands than some but not as large as others. The magazine with the extension is very easy to get all 3 fingers wrapped around. The flat ones leave about 1/2 of my pinky wanting a little more but I don't find it to be an issue.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The gun came with one of each. The magazines I ordered were with the finger extension.

Maloy

Which floorplate did you have on the magazines you were using? I have a 365 too and don't seem to have that problem and I have larger hands than some but not as large as others. The magazine with the extension is very easy to get all 3 fingers wrapped around. The flat ones leave about 1/2 of my pinky wanting a little more but I don't find it to be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
Many years ago I had a stupid gun. I tried to sell it but nobody wanted it. So I ran a football pool with it as the prize. It was too big, too heavy, and chambered for a semi-expensive non-reloadable cartridge. Little did I know it was the rarest variation of its model.

It was an 8" (rarest barrel length) electroless nickel (rarest finish) .22 Magnum (rarest caliber) Colt Trooper MK III. Go look what those are worth now. If you can even find one. Oh well.....screwed up again!

·
22,280 Posts
I went to one of my favorite annual gun raffles today and spent a whopping $175 on entry and side games. I won $86 back on raffle tickets, and won this.

View attachment 448531
Congratulations! That's a great deal at $89! Heck, it's a great deal at $90! ;D

Many years ago I had a stupid gun. I tried to sell it but nobody wanted it. So I ran a football pool with it as the prize. It was too big, too heavy, and chambered for a semi-expensive non-reloadable cartridge. Little did I know it was the rarest variation of its model.

It was an 8" (rarest barrel length) electroless nickel (rarest finish) .22 Magnum (rarest caliber) Colt Trooper MK III. Go look what those are worth now. If you can even find one. Oh well.....screwed up again!
Woah. :eek: If only you'd known...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I put over 600 rounds down range, zero problems.

The Sig X-ray sights are great. It's very accurate.

I've carried it over 5 weeks, it is comfortable due to its lightness.

However, I'm putting it away. Something feels off with it, and I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe it is too light for my comfort. So, I went back to the more comforting weight of my CZ P-07.

Maloy

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
You should buy a few lottery tickets.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Damn Maloy, I'm kinda late to this party, but I would say you are one lucky dog! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts