Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. but not entirely.

A few years ago, shortly after I'd purchased my PT709, my son was still jibing me about my always choosing pistols in 9mm - and telling me I should get something in .45ACP.

I told him that, if I ever found something in .45 that was as easy to CC as the Slim, I'd buy it.

Shortly after that, I discovered the Taurus PT 745 - close, but my son had a PT145 and, though it was a good shooter, I just couldn't make myself love the MilPro design.

This lack of love was reinforced last August when I bought a PT111 to fill the gap left by sending my PT809c in for repair. Just couldn't love it.

From time to time, I'd considered Kahr pistols but was always put off by the fact that they are all DAO. But a few days ago I was in Cabela's and asked to look at the used Kahr P380. Extremely sweet trigger (I assume the gun had been fired enough to break it in.) Extremely dear price, too, though. Just can't see my way clear to paying almost $500.00 for a used mouse gun.

So I left Cabela's, went to another LGS and found some new Kahrs in stock. To cut to the chase, I traded the PT111 in on a Kahr CW45. (Will pick it up Tuesday, so no pics just yet.) 6+1 .45ACP, an empty weight of 19.7oz. and a grip with room for all my fingers.

But I'm only a little way off the reservation: I still think my PT709 and PT845 are the best auto pistols I've ever owned. Now I'll learn how the little Kahr powerhouse measures up to them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Had a Kahr CW45 for several years. Have almost nothing but nice things to say about them. Only reason I don't carry it anymore is that my wife got her CC permit and it's carried somewhere on her person whenever she's out and about (she works in a bank building that's posted against CC so she can't carry at work. The "out of the box" trigger pull on it was sweet from the get-go and the only negative thing I have to say is that it's DAO OTO (one time only) as if you have a failure to fire, you have to rack the slide to reset the trigger. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you gotta practice it or it WILL bite you in a stress type situation.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Kahr makes a heck of a gun I don't think you did wrong getting one at all. Good little guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts