Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I will not say again why I wanted to go with a Glock but I will say I am glad I did.
I just got back from the range with it and it is a sweet shooter. This is only the second or third time shooting a Glock so it definitely takes some getting used to.
Pros - This was a LNIB sale from a seller that let it go to me for $375. Maybe 50 rounds down the tube. It is single stack which makes all the difference in the world compared to the G30, even though there is only .13" width difference. I just couldn't get comfortable with the thick grip of the 30 or others but this feels much better. It has the tritium night sights. It is a .45. The recoil is not bad on this gun but then again I don't think the recoil is bad on the PT140 either. Excellent finish. Pretty darn accurate and it doesn't shoot low at all. It is light like the MilPros. I can get parts readily and easily if needed. Much better aftermarket goodies and all that.

Cons-The grip still is not as ergonomic as the PT MilPros. It only holds 6+1. Seems to be a bit larger than the MilPros.

If you have considered buying a Glock in the past but didn't like the grip (as I didn't), give the G36 or G26 a try. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not a Taurus? Blaspheme.... LOL!

Glock makes good stuff and few people really like the grips angle (thats nothing new). Even if you didn't get a Taurus, I am happy that your happy :) now post some pics...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Buying non-Taurus will forever be a black mark on your record... (j/k LOL!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice Buy!! I am coming from a family of Glock users so i know how great the Glocks are. I have a Glock .40 model G23 and i really really love it. It fits great in my hand, great for CCW and wouldn't complain much except the whole safety thing. If they made this gun with a safety, then ill stick with it, but i ride and have it with me and would like a safety for piece of mind.

Nice Buy Shadow

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a Glock 36 up till about 4 months ago. I sold it to my brother in-law and now wish I had kept it. It had a specific purpose that has not yet been filled with anything else. For me, it was the easiest ccw I have come across. Now my brother in-law really likes it and I can't get it back. My wife would have a fit if I went and bought another 36.

One note to you. This is specific to the 36, so let's not start aflaming. If you encounter FTF's and are certain you are not limp-wristing the pistol, send it back to Glock. It is not a prevalent issue, but the tolerances on the 36 are quite tight and they know how to fix it. I had it happen to mine, I sent it in, they replaced several parts and then it was flawless. I later Googled searched and found several 36's that had the same issue and were fixed the same way. There was a part they replaced that had a name that was easy to search because it was an uncommon name. Anyways, long story short, enjoy the 36. Mine had FTF's every 50-100 rounds. My typical range sessions are 200 rounds....which was about 2-3 FTF's (to give you a frequency of occurance).

P.S. - They guys in Georgia fixed it perfectly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
King,
I also read about the problems but I think it was fixed by Glock before sending out the latest serial number guns. I have fired about 400 rounds now with this without any issues and the accuracy is incredible. There is also something about the dimensions of it that make it much more concealable for me even though it is larger than the pt140milpro. I am really impressed with it and it fills the need I had quite nicely.
I did get a great buy on it considering at the gun show this past weekend they were priced from $600 - $650 without the steel night sights. I could sell it for $500 pretty quickly if I needed to. I will say that the mags aren't the most common as at the gun show only one dealer had them and he only had 1. Of course I bought it for $22.

·
Registered
212 Posts
FYI - I had an incredibly comfortable IWB holster for it. The holster looked like a sueded leather, it had a metal clip to attach to your pants/shorts. I had 4 holsters for it and that one was particularly comfy. I don't remember who made it, but if you are looking for one.....I can have my brother in-law tell me who makes it. In the small of your back, you'll forget it is there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'll shoot him an email tonight. I should have the info on Friday. If I had bought that one first, it would have saved me some money from not trying the others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have never owned a Glock, but I am waiting to see the new 30sf with the smaller frame they say it will fit the smaller hands much better and they moved the safety so both left and right hand shooters will be able to use it better. I own a taurus model 85 titanium in 38 special now and it has never been fired. thinking about either a glock 30sf or the taurus 617ss 2inch seven shot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When i went to buy my Taurus two of my buddies started to laugh at me, and said don't buy that cheap gun buy a glock. They are the best shooting gun you can buy. They told me that Taurus is junk and i will never like it. The first 100 rounds i did not like the gun at all, BUT the next 100+ rounds we all went to the range and at 15yrds i had nice groups, and no problems. One of them had problems all day and i shot better then both of them. HAHAHAHAHAHAH it was real quite in the truck on the way home. I told them "WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW" :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.