Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime, late in 2018, I decided to take out membership with your NRA (as opposed to NRA UK, which I'm already a member of..). So I filled in the online registration, relieved to see they accept 'overseas' members, paid my dues and waited for the membership card etc to arrive..

Couple of weeks go by and I get a delivery. A package about 18"x12"x10". I open it up to find an NRA logo embroidered range bag..!!!. My membership card etc arrived the following day.

OK, so why mention this now..?? Well I have just found the international mailing slip that was with the range bag. Checking back with old NRA stocks I find the bag was selling at around $28.00. The cost of sending it to me was...... $37.60..!!

I can safely say, with hand on heart, there is no business, small or large, well known or not, that would send out a 'welcome gift' of that magnitude and cost.. For example, my wife and I are members of BASC (British Association of Shooting and Conservation - the largest shooting body in GB). To date I have contacted them on at least ten occasions to ask them NOT to send their quarterly magazines to BOTH of us..!! This is a seriously costly, all glossy, full colour magazine. Seems like there's no telling some people..!! And their merchandise is crap..!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember my American History class, I think that was one of the reasons for the revolution. The Colonists didn't like the range bags from King George and wanted something better!

Of course, the mail doesn't run any faster now than it did then!
More like they didn't like the taxes put on the imported range bags. History has a way of altering people's perception of events.. I mean "The Boston Range Bag Party" doesn't have the same ring to it does it..!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I live in the U.S.and am an NRA member,the NRA has never sent Me any of the free gifts they promised so consider Yourself lucky.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Interesting. I recently had a similar experience with a British company. They produce tactical clothing. Anyway, I ordered a pair of shorts. I expected them in a couple of days, as the origin was Manchester, just down the road. After two weeks I thought, maybe Manchester, NH. At 2 1/2 weeks, I got a package that was mailed thru Her Majestie's Mail Service, Manchester, England. Shipping costs to me were $5.99.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. I recently had a similar experience with a British company. They produce tactical clothing. Anyway, I ordered a pair of shorts. I expected them in a couple of days, as the origin was Manchester, just down the road. After two weeks I thought, maybe Manchester, NH. At 2 1/2 weeks, I got a package that was mailed thru Her Majestie's Mail Service, Manchester, England. Shipping costs to me were $5.99.
What was the company you dealt with? Depending on what you're looking for and what you want to pay, there are some good firms selling stuff here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts